success, so soon?

"Morning." You heard a fatigued, familiar voice sing as you grumbled an insult beneath your breath.

"Reiner," You hissed with a yawn, your eyes still closed to avoid the dreadful light strobing through the open curtains, "What have I told you about waking me up?"

"You told me that you love it more than anything," Reiner cheerfully responded whilst placing his palm on your shoulder, attempting to gently shake you awake, "And, you told me that the best part of your day is waking up to see my face."

"Oh, you two truly are the sweetest!" A feminine voice cooed from above you as you began to realise why Reiner was being abnormally affectionate this morning, "I can't help but be slightly jealous - you make such a lovely couple."

"Thank-you, Christa." Reiner offered a handsome smile towards the pretty-blonde girl as you began to slowly pull your blanket above your face, "But you have no reason to be jealous. I wouldn't mind waking you in the mornings, as well, if you'd like."

Christa thanked him in her usual cheery demeanour.

Reiner sighed with anguish as he realised you were fading back into a deep sleep, the muscles in his body tensing with frustration.
"Y/N," Your pretend-boyfriend's voice grew colder as he leaned across your bed, "You seriously need to get out of bed. Your Captain won't be happy with you if you're late."

"I can't get out of bed."

"And, why is that?"

Whilst slipping further into an incoherent slumber, you sleepily mumbled: "I'm hibernating. Leave me, please, Braun."

"First of all, you're not an animal. Secondly, do you think I'm an idiot?" He immediately snapped after witnessing the teasing-smirk on your lips, "Don't answer that question."

Today would be your first expedition where you would be advancing the Walls of Paradis. Following the battle for Trost, you had been increasingly anxious about your next encounter with a titan: although, admittedly, your worries had calmed with the knowledge that you were under the protection of the Levi Squad.

Your pupils cracked open to the busy dormitory, witnessing multiple girls hurrying around the room in preparation of their duties.

Reiner, growing increasingly impatient, groaned beneath his breath.

Whilst straightening his posture, he snapped: "Fine! I'll have to take matters into my own hands."

"What? Hey!" You squealed, "Reiner, what do you think you're doing?"

Reiner Braun tightly wrapped his arms around your torso, lifting your body up with ease; you shrieked once more - but your scream was only followed by the giggles of your friends as they watched Reiner lift you from your bed. Reiner had thrown your figure over his shoulder; your hips resting on his broad shoulder.

"Reiner Braun!"

He wandered towards your wardrobe: one of his arms hooked around your thighs to keep you balanced, whilst the other hand was plucking out your uniform. You balled your fingers into fists, hitting his muscular back with all of your might.

"Reiner Braun, put me down this instant! I swear on my life, I will make you regret this!"

"And, how do you plan on doing that?" He asked you calmly, ignoring your insistent kicking and hitting: "You can't even get down on your own."