affection

Sweat slowly trickled down your temples, cascading stains on your warm skin. You groaned impatiently, struggling to unbuckle your gear following the unruly mission.

"Good work today, Y/N." Captain Levi clasped his hand against your left shoulder with an affirmative nod, "I was surprised by your efforts, to say the least. It seems that I have taught you well, Scout."

"I was taught by the best." You offered a smile.

The edge of his mouth curled up to reflect a hint of a smile, before his regular, brooding demeanour took over: "You should leave: consider a shower."

"Charming, as always, Captain Levi." You gave the older man a mocking salute and laugh, "But, I'll take the hint. I'll see you at supper."

༺♰༻

You grabbed a towel from the rack, wrapping it tightly around our body. Trickles of cold water fell down your nape. The air of the changing room was thick from the heat of the shower: the humid mist fogged the nearby area.

It was the late-evening evening of a clear, luminous night. Shattered moonlight seeped through the windows and casted a silver mist on the tiled floor of the shower-room.

Tightening your towel around your chest, you used your shoulder to pry-open the door. Your E/C eyes carefully scanned the outstretching hallway, making sure that it was safe to walk back to the women's dormitory alone.

However, you were surprised when your eyes met with Reiner Braun's. His expression faltered at the sight of you, before his brows furrowed together: he called your name with a scowl.

"Y/N Smith!"

"What do you want, Braun?"

Reiner glanced over his shoulder for any nearby soldiers, before swiftly rushing towards you. His hand gripped onto your wrist with strength, dragging you back inside the misty shower-room.

He snapped the lock shut as your anxiety only grew.

"Don't you dare grab my wrist like that again!" Your voice bellowed with a bashful expression, your grip on your soft-towel increasing, "What do you want from me?"

"This morning, after you left for the expedition, Christa rushed towards me." Reiner began in a sickly-sweet tone, his brow twitching in apoplexy, "She desperately wanted to talk with me."

"Oh?"

"She wanted to know why you had stormed away in such a hurry," His false smile widened whilst the thick muscles in his body tensed: "She was extremely worried about you. She even scolded me for upsetting you! She thought that we had gotten into another argument, and assumed that it was my fault."

You groaned: "Shit."

Reiner stepped closer towards you whilst overlapping his muscular arms on his chest: "Why did you run away?"

"I don't owe you an explanation."

"Don't deflect from my question - Christa was finally beginning to notice me this morning, really notice me, and then you ruined it." The blondes voice grew with frustration, "So, why?"

"I don't like you!" You deflected once more, "I'm sorry that I'm finding it difficult to hide that fact."

"I don't like you, either," Both of your voices began to raise as an argument slowly began to transpire: "But you're acting as if you've never been in a relationship before - you won't even touch me, never mind look at me! How do you expect people to believe that we can stand each other?"