Chapter 18

Alessio's pov

I headed back to Gabriel with too much in my head, 'hey are you okay? You look pale' my brother said, I sighed deeply, 'father wants us back in Italy'

'Why? What does he mean?'

'The Bambino's... they're back...' I said trying to hold back anger and fear. I always hoped I would never come across them but now my nightmares are real. Daniel Bambino was two steps ahead of me and I let it all go. I never payed attention to them. And now my son has to pay the price, stupid me, I should have been the one to really kill him and not my father.

'Bambino's? Gabriel what is he talking about?' Winona asked worried.

Gabriel shook his head as I saw the fear in his eyes. I knew what he was thinking so I saved him his words, 'my father never killed him, at least he thought he did but now he's back. And he has a son, the new Capo. My father wants Kamiel to be the next Maffia capo... so he asked you, my son and me to go back to Italy for training'

He shook his head once again looking at his wife who was worried, 'you can't leave our kids Gabe, they need you'

'Baby I... I made a deal years ago with my brother that if something would happen to Elena I would help him. And I helped him defeat Daniel, since he's back I have to help him again Babe... I promise I will come back alive... but this is a war someone has to stop'

She started to cry and they hugged tight. I needed to call Elena and tell her the news, 'I'll leave you here... I'll be at my car Gabe'

I walked to my car and called Elena.

'Hey baby, how are you? And Winona.. how is she and the baby?'
'Elena..'
' you sound worried, Aless what is going on?'
'My.. my father called me... it's about Kamiel'
'Alessio I will be there in ten minutes. Wait there'

~

'Aless' Elena ran into my arms and hugged me tight, 'what's going on with him?' She asked me. Winona and Gabriel both had been crying, and Elena noticed.

'Did something happen? Please I need to know' I wrapped my arms around her body and hugged her tight, 'Elena promise you won't be mad at me'

'Alessio Donatelli, if you tell me this I will be mad. What did you do!'

I took a deep breath before telling her, 'Daniel Bambino is back'

Her face dropped as she went pale, her eyes looked numb and broken, 'D-Daniel?' She freaked out and stepped back two steps, 'bambi baby please don't freak out' I tried to reach for her hands but she stepped back even more. I saw in her eyes she was struggling.

'What does he want!? What does this have to do with Kamiel!' She shouted.

'He is going to be the new capo leader Elena' I said.

'No! No he won't be! Are you mentally ill Alessio!? He's a kid and he's my kid, that won't ever happen!'

Gabriel sighed, 'we need to, he's after your son and you know how crazy Daniel is. His son is the new boss, he will look for him until he's dead. We have no choice, Aless, Kamiel and I have to go back to Italy to train the kid for the war' he explained to her.

Elena ran away as I sighed, 'we're leaving tonight, I'll give you a call' I ran after Elena and grabbed her hand so she wouldn't get away, tears ran down her cheeks as she looked me in my eyes, 'I... he's just a kid Aless'

'I know baby I know but we don't have a choice...' I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her head, 'it's going to be okay Bambi, your son is strong. He will survive'

Elena put her hands on my cheeks and smiled trying to keep back the tears, 'I love you... I... please don't die out there... the kids need you back, I need you back. If you die then...'

'Bambi I won't die, I promise..' I kissed her gently on her lips keeping her close, 'now I need to go find Kamiel, we'll be leaving tonight'

Lucille's pov

Kamiel had his lips pressed against mine in the bathroom nearby the beach, He pulled me closer and kissed me harder, 'fuck' I whispered underneath his breath. I touched his torso keeping him as close as possible.

He pulled back with a smile, 'you're good at kissing Lucille...' he grinned.

'I learned from the pro' I responded and kissed him once again, then his phone vibrated. I sighed as he looked on his phone, 'it's my dad..' he said and picked it up.

'Hey dad! What's up?'
'Kamiel son you need to come home'
'What? Why?'
'No questions asked, I want you home now!'
'Dad... is there something wrong with mom? Or with my sisters, please don't tell me you know about Ella'
'Ella?! Son no, I need you home, we're going to Italy tonight. Now hurry up!'

His father hung up as I was worried about Kamiel, he looked like he had seen a ghost or even worse. 'What's wrong?' I asked him touching his lower arm.

'I... I have to go..' he grabbed his bag and sighed, 'Kamiel wait' I ran after him and turned him around, 'what's going on?'

'I... I have to go to Italy...'

'W-what... Italy but what about us? Are you going on a vacation?' I didn't understood what he meant.

'No I don't think so, Lucille I... I want you to know that I like you a lot, like more then I have ever liked anyone... please I'll call you when I'm home, I'll see you another time' he gave me a kiss on my forehead and left off to the road.

'What was that about?' Calvin asked me.

'I don't know, but I'll find out'