Old friends

"This man is unbelievable how can he just hurt you like that

"This man is unbelievable how can he just hurt you like that. Lucy more concealer."

"He's a dick who has too big of an ego."

"If anyone would hear you talking like this you'd be dead the next second." Anne scolds Rose and I making us both smile at her apologetic.

Lucy rushes over and dabs some more concealer on my arm to hide the finger prints that were left by the king when he grabbed me over a week ago.

The prints are fading slowly and they're barely noticeable but Rose says it contrasts too much with the dress she chose for me.

It's in the usual light blue and has over a thousand pearls attached to it making me wonder how much time she spent on it.

The sleeves are short and she made some white silk gloves to go over my arms the same color the pearls are in.
Fitting to that Anne put my hair up in a beautiful updo a few pearls worked into my hair.

"Maybe then we wouldn't have to endure his company anymore. It was so quiet without him at the palace I don't want him to come back tomorrow." I sigh making Anne shoot me a scolding look.

I back down and shut my mouth letting them do their work.
Today is the ball Madame Croix prepared for all of us and I wish I could be more excited.

But I still have Timothée's call in the back of my mind and the fact that the king wanted him to stay longer. It seems like he knows the rebels are attacking and going to attack even more but he's not doing anything against it.

On top of that I'm still waiting on Tarver for some new information or maybe a lead just anything.

"How did you even get her to come all the way here?" Rose asks while she helps me into the dress carefully.

"She said I could call her anytime if I need help or anything. I don't need help but I thought maybe she'd enjoy this little ball." I say while I put my arms through the sleeves and let her do the buttons on my back.

The fabric of the dress is so light that it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything.
It has a beautiful sheer layer over the blue which sways to the sides when I move or dance.

"Everyone's eyes are going to fall out when they see her. I wish I could be there." Lucy sighs yearningly and I shoot her a sad smile.

"I wish too. It's probably going to be really boring without you three. Yes even you Anne." I say looking at her. Her lips twitch for a second before she shoots me a playful glare.

"At least you can go for us and look amazing." Lucy says quietly while she smiles.
I put the white gloves on and look at her while she puts the make up utensils away.

I have the feeling she got a bit better over the weeks. I remember her being all shy and quiet but I guess she just got used to me.

Her outer appearance didn't change though. She's still really thin, her shoulders hunched while her eyes are always flying through the room hectic.
I wonder what happened to make her this scared.