Routine

20 girls left

20 girls left. 3 attacks behind us.

The rebels tried to get into the palace for three times now while Timothée and the king are happily on their small little trip.

I don't count the fourth attack as one because on our way to the emergency rooms the guards already stopped us because they said they could chase them away.

Most of the girls look tired and exhausted due to our nightly adventures to the emergency rooms and I can't blame them I feel like someone ran me over multiple times.

Every evening I sneak out to meet Tarver who has a shift in the garden to walk around the hedges.
We're really careful but I doubt that anyone cares to watch the garden so we're pretty safe.

The queen still dines with us for every meal but there's no word if Timothée is okay and she's not looking really happy as well which worries me.

I'm still waiting for my dad to write me but there has been nothing, not even a word which worries me even more.

Jenna puts her hand on my leg to stop it from bouncing and I shoot her an apologetic smile while I try to focus back on Madame Croix who's standing at the front of the room talking about the past queens and kings or god knows what.

"The last matter for today is important for you ladies. I don't want you to think that now because the prince left for his duties you get some time off.

The queen and I prepared a beautiful task for you to finish until the prince comes back. We will throw a beautiful ball where you will show what you learned in my class about manners and dance. You will all have the chance to invite a person to your ball who you think will fit the best. I expect nohting less than perfection from you ladies and hope you won't disappoint me.

Class will be dismissed for the next days so you can prepare yourself for the upcoming event. Have a great day!" Once she finished everyone starts to chatter quietly and you can feel the energy shift in the room towards excitement.

"A ball? How cliché." I whisper towards Jenna and Hailey who shoot me a small smile.

"You're always so cinical Kat." Jenna says and I roll my eyes.

"Instead of giving us this ball they could explain what the hell is going on. With the rebels or why Timmy left the palace."

"Timmy?" Hailey asks surprised and I bite my lip because I let his nickname slip in front of them. I quickly get up form my chair noticing that the hall is getting emptier. Jenna and Hailey follow me quickly their eyes still on me waiting for me to elaborate.