Fear

"That's a cute necklace

"That's a cute necklace." Hailey says as she reaches for the small bird dangling on my silver chain.

She eyes it for a second and I smile slightly looking down at it.

"My dad gave it to me."

"It's beautiful." She says nodding again with a small smile on her lips.
My eyes wander to Jenna who's sitting beside her on the small couch her focus on the book in her hands.

I think she finally calmed down a bit after what happened with the rebels and I didn't want to scare her further by telling her that it wouldn't be a one time thing.

A few other girls are talking and hanging around the salon. It's like this every Saturday but this time you feel a certain tension laying in the air.

"Why are they taking so long?" Celeste spats while she looks out of the big windows to watch the garden of the palace.
I doubt that she'll see them behind all the hedges but I don't try to destroy her illusions.

"It's a date Celeste. Of course they're going to take longer than thirty minutes." A girl with short black hair speaks up. Her names Amara and I think I remember Jenna telling me that her parents are successful professors at one of the best universities in New York.

Celeste shoots Amara a death glare which makes me wonder why the skin is not melting of Amara's face.

"So many of you had a date with him alone already doesn't mean you have to be this calm." Celeste says to her and my brows raise.

I didn't actually keep track of who Timothée was speaking to but I forgot that during all of my troubles the casting was still going.

"Oh why do you look surprised now? You don't need to feel special Timothée had dates with so many girls and not you." Celeste speaks suddenly to me and I furrow my brows at her words.

"Why do you feel the need to let your anger out on me now? I don't care how many dates he had with any of you." I tell her while I feel the eyes of every girl in the room move towards us.

"Oh is that so? You're so sure he's going to choose you."

No I'm so sure that he's not going to choose me.

"No but there's no use in wondering about the other dates. This is a casting I didn't expect any different." I tell her while she gets away from the windowsill her heels clicking against the marble ground as she strides over to me.

"But you should wonder because I think every girl has more chances than you have with the prince. Even Amara over there.
You're just gonna end like your little friend-" she doesn't have the time to finish her sentence and I don't even understand why until I notice that I stood up and my fist collided with her face in an instant.

It feels like I'm watching from the outside when she growls and lunges at me getting a hold on my hair and making my scalp burn when she pulls at it.