The first attack

"Miss Kat! You need to wake up!"

"Give me five more minutes Lucy please I'll do your hair later." I smush my face deeper into the pillow while I swat her hand away.

"There is no time!" She shakes my shoulder again tearing me out of my drowsiness.

I look up to see Lucy looking down at me her green eyes wide and frightened.

"What are you wearing?" I ask confused when my eyes wander over her rosé dressing gown.

"I came right from my room Anne and Rose are already in the safe shelters but you need to stand up now!" She urges again and rushes over to my closet to pull out my light blue gown.

I swing my legs over the bed alarmed at her behavior and let her help me into the gown.

Her fingers shake as she tries to bind the loop but I push them away gently.

"I can do it tell me what happened Lucy." I say while I bind the loop quickly.

I shove my naked feet into my converse and bind them up quickly before she shoves me out of my room.

"The rebels are attacking the palace the royal family has extra shelters for situations like this." She looks to the guard who's standing in front of me.

"Take her to the other debutants."

"Wait where are you going?" I ask worried as the guard slips his hand around my bicep.

My brain can't comprehend what she just actually told me and I'm more worried about her than some stupid rebels.

"The maids have an extra shelter I'm going to be fine. I'll come get you when it's over." She disappears behind the corner and the guard drags me down the hall.

"I don't understand. Rebels?" I ask the guard confused who nods down at me.

"The people who're against the royal family. They try to get into the palace every few weeks it's gotten worse but no worries Miss you're safe." He tells me and I look at him worried.

A few guards pass us jogging into the direction where the front door is and my eyes search over their faces naturally to see if Tarver is with them but he isn't.

The guard leads me towards some stairs rushing them down and it feels like we're just going down steps for an eternity until we finally reach a narrow tunnel.

It looks like it's as old as the one Timothée showed me- oh my god Timothée!

I didn't even think about him in this rush I hope he's doing alright.

"Is the prince okay?" I ask the guard who's lighting up a torch to lead the way through the tunnel.

"The royal family has their own emergency rooms right at their bedrooms." He tells me while his hand presses into my back pushing me lightly forward.