Chucks and pants

"Chin up, shoulders back and chest out Ladies!" Madame Croix says while we all walk in a circle multiple books on our head

"Chin up, shoulders back and chest out Ladies!" Madame Croix says while we all walk in a circle multiple books on our head. I sigh exhausted and try to turn my head to look at Marleen across from me but she's too distracted with balancing the books on her head.

This is ridiculous I thought this was just a cliche that happens in movies but it seems like Madame Croix likes those practices. We're walking for half an hour now in a circle and I'm slowly getting more dizzy.

"Miss Tailor head up!" She scolds Jenny and I try to catch Jenny's red hair to see her struggling but I can't watch her for long when something or rather someone rams something in my ankle making me hiss in pain.

"Fuck!" I curse while I completely loose my balance and knock against the girl in front of me taking her down with me.
She flails her arms in front of her making the girl in front of her stumble down as well until twenty nine girls are laying on the floor except for one.

I glare up at Celeste who was standing behind me a devilish grin on her red lips.
"Miss Rutherford! What do you think are you doing?" Madame Croix's heels klick against the marble floor as she makes her way over to me. A scold sits on her face while she puts her hands on her hips.

"Sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." I press out annoyed because I know it won't make any difference if I tell her it was Celeste. She won't believe me and it will make me look even worse.

"The whole task is to walk so I'd advice you to keep your eyes open." She sighs disappointed before she claps in her hands.
"Get up everyone we still have a lot work to do until the garden party this afternoon!" She calls and slowly the girls stand up after each other.

I grab my books angrily and stand up. Celeste stands close to me making me growl at her.
"If you do this again I'm going to punch your face!" I hiss making her smile.

"I would've expect something uncivil like that from dirt like you." She says straight through her teeth without letting the smile drop. Her words are like gasoline to the already burning fire inside of me.
"Yes you should. I know you're too worried to break a nail but where I come from I'm going to hit you so hard in the face that you have to get another nose job."

Her brows raise offended as her pouty lips open in an 'o' form. I turn my back to her and start to walk again putting the books on my head but I get stopped by her hand wrapping around my arm her fake nails digging into my skin.
I wince and turn around angry to already see her blazing eyes meeting mine.

"You shouldn't test your luck here Katherine. I don't know what number you're playing but I'm going to find out be sure about that. The prince will never choose you or one of your low life friends." She hisses and I raise my brows to look unimpressed.

"If you don't let go of my arm right now I'm going to break your wrist." I tell her and even though she looks angry she lets go of my arm maybe there's a small voice of reason in the back of her head that tells her she has no chance against me.