Honest words

"So how do you know the difference between highness and illustrious?" I speak up while I hold the book in front of my eyes

I turn my head to look at Hailey who's sitting beside me on the grass her face looks a bit wary. She and Jenny- the girl I spoke up for- where a bit wary at first when Marleen and I suggested to sit down in the garden to learn a bit after Madame Croix's lesson.

Which was by the way not so bad.
I got into a small argument with Celeste again but Madame Croix shut it down immediately with one of her death stares.

Which is why we now are laying on the fresh grass, sun beaming down on us. Well Marleen and I are laying down Jenny and Hailey asked for some blankets to sit on. They were scared to ruin their dresses because we'll spend dinner with the royal family again.

"I have no clue just call him prince. I doubt that we're going to speak to the queen and king anyways." Marleen says making me look at her. Her eyes are closed as she takes in the sun making her skin shine golden.

"Oh we will meet the Queen! It's always tradition to meet the future princess before Timothée decides on who he marries. And she mostly spends the Saturday's with us in the salon." Hailey says as she scribbles something down in her little black book.

"You mean in the end it's not Timothée's choice? If the queen doesn't find the girl suitable he won't marry her? Even if he loves her?" I ask putting the book down. Jenny looks up at me smiling while Hailey nods confirming that I'm right.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask Jenny confused.
She puts her book down folding her hands on her lap which makes her look so elegant it's weird.
"You're so impulsive I find it lovely. It's so refreshing how you always just speak your mind and it surprises everyone around you waiting for your answer to know what you're going to say next." She says making Marleen chuckle and Hailey nod.

I furrow my brows and look down at my hands. I know that I have a short temper but I never saw it as a good thing. I'm cheeky and my mouth gets me in so much trouble these days.
For example me losing my shit in front of the prince. I know he's going to kick me out on Sunday this right now is just me enjoying these last few days with the girls who already grew close to my heart.

"Most people are like this from where we come from. Kat is just an exaggeration of an example." Marleen says and I nudge her shoulder offended.

"Hey!"

"What it's the truth." She looks up at me grinning and I roll my eyes.

"It's good to have an opinion and to express it. It makes a strong leader everyone can look up to." Hailey says seriously surprising me. There's this weird glimmer in her eyes again but I can't tell what it means.

"I think the prince is already head over heels for you. He greeted you out of all people when he came into the room.
You're definitely his type gorgeous, intelligent and quick- witted." Jenny sighs as she looks at me while I raise my brows.
I think I hear a bit of worry and jealousy in her words but it's not needed.