Soft water

(I actually never said who portrays Tarver here he is :) )

"Are you sure you don't want to go to lunch Miss Kat?" Anne asks me for the hundred time now.

I hug my knees close to my chest while she shampoos my hair softly.
"I'm not hungry." I tell her and I can feel Lucy's worried look on my face but I actually don't want to think about it.

Three days passed since what happened to Marleen. I didn't attend one meal until now and I didn't see Timothée again. Tarver stopped by a few times when he knew that my maids would be out to get dinner or get my clothes washed.
It felt good to have him here but right now I feel like I'm hanging in between the lines.

I know I have to get back eventually. Back to class and back to see Timothée and the royal family. As weird as it sounds I miss Jenna and Hailey even Celeste with her annoying presence.

They would distract me from the little ongoing movie in my head.
"If you're not going to eat, Rose can't make any more dresses for you Miss Kat. She struggled in the beginning and now you're even thinner." Anne says as she washes the shampoo out with warm water.

I get out of the tub and let Lucy roll me up in a towel before I can start to freeze.
"I can't go and pretend like nothing happened..let me have just this last day. I promise you I'll go to breakfast tomorrow." I say with pleading eyes towards Anne and she sighs nodding slowly.

They dress me in some long silk pants and a matching blouse making me wish that I would have my old joggers and dads sweater on. It always kind of calmed me down on stormy days.

Anne assures me to bring me some soup for lunch before they all leave but I doubt that I'll be able to eat.

I slip under the thick covers of my duvet and sigh when I smell the peachy scent of the shampoo Anne used on me.

I wish I could just stay here under the duvet forever. I don't want to face the consequences of what happened or what's about to come. I can imagine that the king is very angry with my behavior at the punishment as well as right now.

I squeeze my eyes shut but sleep doesn't seem to greet me which makes me sigh relieved when someone knocks at the door. Whoever it is I could need some distraction right now.

"Come in." I say and the door opens, Hailey and Jenna peaking their head through it.

"Hello..we were worried about you." Jenna says before they walk inside. I pat the space on my bed to tell them to sit down.

"Did you attend lunch?" I ask them making them both nod their head.

"You should've been there it's no fun without you." Jenna says while Hailey lays down beside me her arm draping over my shoulders.

"Celeste was unbearable much worse than any day here. She says it was Marleen's fault and she had it coming." Hailey says and I look at them furrowing my brows.