The green eyed boy

"I have to go

"I have to go." I mumble in between kisses but he protests  with a dismissive sound before his lips attach themselves back to mine.

I chuckle lightly against his lips while I push his torso a bit away from me so I can look at his face. His emerald eyes shine at me mischivously while his lips form a lopsided grin.

"Stay with me and skip whatever you have going on." His voice sounds seducing and I feel myself leaning in again but I stop myself.

"I can't skip it. We're at the salon with the queen today and I think it will be noticable if I'm not there. As much as I would like to stay with you in this closet I can't." He pouts at my words and leans down to kiss my cheek and his way down my jaw. I sigh happily and wind my arms around his neck.

"Stop confusing me Tarver." I scold him but it sounds more like a little sigh.

"I don't know  how long the prince will be gone and I barely see you when he's here. He's taking my girl away." At his words I move a step back to look him in the eye.

"What do you mean?"

"As if you didn't notice Kat. I mean look at you." He takes a step back as well nodding his head to my dress. What is different to it? I wore dresses since I arrived here.

"I don't know what you mean." I ask suspiciously while I cross my arms in front of my chest.

"At the beginning you hated those dresses. I actuallly thought you would convince him to get you some pants but you didn't. Instead you switch your old sneakers for new ones even though they look exactly the same. We would never do that at home."

"But we're not at home Tarver." I defend myself because I really don't like the tone he's speaking in with me.

"That's exactly what I mean. Your believes are changing and I knew it was going to happen but I didn't think it was so early on."

"My believes are changing? You sound ridiculous Tarver."

"Do I? You're enjoying this life Kat. The fancy dresses, the parties and the food. You're becoming just like them." He says a pained look on his face. My mouth drops open hurt at his words.

"How can you say that? Of course I appreciate what I have right now. You knnow what it feels like to be hungry all the time Tarver. But you suck it up for your siblings just like I did. Don't tell me you didn't change as well." I say giving him an obvious once over.

He has more muscles now he had them before as well but he was skinnier almost just bones like me but now he looks healthy and strong.

He starts to open his mouth to protest but I don't let him because I know what he's going to say.

"Don't say it's different. We both changed and that's normal we're humane we change. That doesn't mean I'm not still the Kat I was two months ago. I still like to go on walks, I love art and you know I would give everything to be home with my family. But I wouldn't help them with it I am here so they don't have to starve like I did. I am here for them and us." I have to take in a deep breath after those words to calm myself down.