Chapter 7: Stupid and Noble.

Start from the beginning

Oh, I recognize that voice! It was the pretty lady, Veronica!

I quickly ran to her stall and waved. She recognizes me immediately and waves back, "The little charmer! Came back so soon? How was the Baron?"

I smiled, "He was definitely a wise and kind person." I told her and she looked pleased at the discovery.

"And I thought him being a kind noble was just a rumor. You know it was obvious how he's an art collector right? I heard he started collecting art to remember the memories of his wife who loved art, she sadly passed away just last year." (Veronica) explained.

If I'm being honest, it makes sense! All those portraits, all neatly cleaned, were treated like treasures so it was because of his wife? "He sure has suffered a lot..."

Veronica nods as she sighs in agreement, "Yes he has, and oh my— I'm sorry I got sidetracked. So do you need some baskets?" she asks.

I shook my head, "I won't be needing them."

Veronica frowns for a moment before hiding it with a smile, "Aw, maybe I'll get another customer later. Sales hasn't been going well..." she chuckled. "So what are you here for then?"

I almost took out the sketch that I made this morning from my [Storage Ring] but thankfully my smart ass stopped me and managed to think this whole thing through.

Okay, so I'll put my hands into my pockets and take out the letter there so she won't notice. I took out the sketch successfully without raising any suspicion and showed it to Veronica. "A sketch that I did, as thanks for giving me the free fruit." I looked away shyly.

"I was also wondering if it's alright to paint you some time as the thanks for helping me get into the Baron's estate?" my intentions might have come off a little too much.

Veronica smiled so widely when she saw my sketch. It was a black and white tone, her hair dropped on the side as she weaved baskets by hand. "You know if my eyes weren't doubting me. I think you're flirting with me." she joked.

"What? Me? Flirt? Nah." My tone was playful and she got the message.

"If only you were fifteen years older then maybe I would've said yes but don't tell my boyfriend that. He'll be mad." (Veronica) says , chuckling as she keeps the sketch close to her chest. "Thank you, this definitely made my day."

Aw man she's taken already? Well, time to move on...

"I'm glad it did so, do you know where I can buy some healing ointments or oil?" I asked, scratching my head remembering another reason why I came into the city.

Veronica points west, "Just take a left and then right you'll see a Magicare sign. It's where people shop for things with medicinal properties, relaxing properties, and beautification properties."