Chapter 22- Emerson

"I'M NOT YOURS!" Emerson defended himself.
"I'M GOING TO BE LUNA OF GOLD COAST!" Duanna screeched.
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE WITH THAT TRAMP!?" Emmaline finished.

"I'm NOT WITH HER! SHE'S LYING!"

"I, Emmaline He, reject you, future-not-so-smart-alpha, Emerson Chen." With that, Emmaline punched Duanna in the face and left, leaving no room for Emerson to respond.

"Hehehe, I have accomplished what I wanted. HAHAHA, NOW ONLY I CAN BE LUNA OF GOLD COAST!!!" She began cackling like a witch.

Jordan frantically looked at me. [Lex, trap her in a sound cage so I can incinerate her! Quick!]
[Drench her in water, killing your own pack member isn't what we want right now.] I responded.

I hummed C A G E and Duanna suddenly could not move. Jordan proceeded to shoot a jet of water mixed with ice to immobilize her. Duanna screamed in agony, but Emerson did not care. He only laughed.

[Alright, let's take her to the cells.]

After we dumped Duanna into a cell and assigned three warriors to keep an eye on her, we went to look for Emerson. We followed his scent to his old room. 

We stopped dead in our tracks as we scented his blood.  

Jordan put a hand on my shoulder, looking down. [Lex- my aunt, Emilia. Her first mate, whose identity is still unknown, rejected her. Brian rejected her after Theo and Chelsea turned 7. Then she suddenly died, not because of the diagnosed cancer, but the rejection of her second mate.]

Jordan opened the door. 

Emerson was sprawled on the floor, clawing at himself. His agonized screams made its way to our ears. Crimson was all over the room and continued to spread.

[I've linked Sylvestre. He said we'll need to get him on a stretcher, and soak up the blood.]

In a few minutes, Sylvestre arrived with Aaron, his son.

"What happened?" he asked, horrified.
"I don't know. His second chance mate just rejected him, he walked away, and here we found him."
"His wounds are all centered near his heart. Aaron, link Dri to prep the OR. We'll need sugery- and possibly a blood transfusion."

[Jordan, I have to go see Emmaline.]
[Careful, explain Duanna first, then Emerson. Room 8A.]
[Update me 'bout Ems and stay by his side.]

In an instant, I had teleported to Floor 8. I pounded on the first door I saw.

"What do you want, Luna?" gritted out Emmaline.
"Emmaline He, listen to me-"
"Was that supposed to rhyme? Luna aren't s'posed ta joke 'round, y'know!"
"-Duanna rejected Emerson he accepted it. Emerson was recently made heir to my grandfather, the Hybrid Alpha. She is only power hungry. Besides, you didn't even let him explain."
"So I wasn't fair. Sometimes, Lunas can be dumb." Emmaline sassed.
I gritted my teeth. Did she not know?
"Well, do you know what happens when someone's second chance mate rejects them?"
"What?" she drawled out, lazily.
"You die."

────────────────────────────────────────

Arriving at the door with Emmaline, I heard cries of- "Restrain him-", "I'm only going to get scratched-" and "he's thrasing too much-"

Sylvestre staggered backwards as Emerson clawed at him. "-his second mate has to hold him."

Emmaline glanced at me, then walked straight towards my brother. She flinched as he scratched her face, but she continued trying to restrain him. He slashed her arm viciously, even shouting profanities (which I would rather not say which), but she did not draw back. Soon, she had him repressed. Sylvestre walked over and injected Emerson with something. His claws retracted and he fell asleep.

As Emmaline brought him to the operating room, the nurses tried to staunch her bleeding face and arms, but she waved them off.

"His subclavian artery was ruptured, and he needs a blood transfusion urgently. What's your blood type?" Sylvestre asked.
"Both my parents are O, but my sister and I are specifically O+ and Emerson is O-. Jordan is AB-." I responded.
"You nor Isabelle can-"
"I'm O-, I can do it." Emmaline interrupted.
"Okay, follow me."

────────────────────────────────────────

"I am very sorry, Luna." said Sylvestre as Emerson wildly looked around, and shouting random words as if he couldn't hear what he was saying. 
"He's blind now?" I questioned.
"In addition, he has lost his hearing. He went into cardiac arrest during surgery- for reasons unknown- and during that time his brain was starved of oxygen."

[Ems!] I tried mindlinking him.
[Why am I blind and deaf!?] "I can mindlink him!" I whispered excitedly.
[You went into cardiac arrest- something about your brain not getting oxygen.]
[This is all Emmaline's fault, and you know I can scent her, right?]
[Speak to her throught the mindlink!]
[Not that I want to, tell her to get out until I regain my sight and hearing!]
[Tell that to her yourself.]

A few moments later, Emmaline briskly walked out of the room, hanging her head.

"Luna, we will continue to moniter him. You can come back in two hours, hopefully by then he will be able to see and hear by then."
"Thank you." I walked out with Jordan.

A few hours later, I was linked by Sylvestre, saying Emerson regained his vision and hearing. Being completely normal, he was expected to recover in the hospital for two weeks. Emmaline had gone to visit him, and perhaps try to make amends. I stayed near his room, just to make sure she did not provoke him. I hoped they would not start arguing.

I was wrong.

Shouts, slaps, and screams later, Emerson kicked her out of the room.