Chapter 19- The Attack and Fire

Jordan

The atmosphere is heavy. Fog covers the pack lands. Everyone is alert, warriors still train. A few minutes ago, I sent the families to the safe house. The border was breached by forces of fifty rogues.

I arranged our warriors in two groups. Since my pack has been well-established for years, there were many people. A rumble resounded. It wasn't fifty rogues, it was double. When they lunged for me, I howled to signal my wolves. A battle was launched.

It was brutal. Agility mattered. These wolves were not feral, they were actually well-trained rogues with a mission. Wolves flew at you from every direction. Most of them were smaller than me. However, the wolves kept increasing. Each wolf killed was replaced by another. Some rogues retreated but were prodded back by a brown wolf.

Twenty minutes later, things came to a stand still. A scruffy brown wolf was left of the original attackers, the one who made the retreaters go back. Among us, there were ten casualties. The wolf howled. Out came a force of forty more wolves. 

"We want this land for ourselves, and to get revenge on that trashy alpha father of yours." He lunged at me, but I dodged and used the momentum to spin a kick to his ribs. A crunch was heard, and he winced. I swiftly snapped his neck. The forty wolves sprung into action. I wiped out as many as I could, but several of them got into the packhouse. Everyone had already been evacuated prior. My father fought, but I lost sight of him in the swarm of wolves. We already had another ten deaths, although the rogues were reduced to twenty-

The packhouse suddenly exploded into flames.

The few rogues that went in to set it on fire now screamed, the fire scorching them, and the roof collapsed. The fire continued to burn despite heavy rain. The fire was so powerful that the walls crumbled down and it spread to the building beside. The rogues snapped their jaws at us.

"There is no place for us left. Follow me." They protested. "But alpha-"
"Follow me, there is no place for us left." They trudged through the mud muttering about how it all didn't make sense.

A crack of thunder rumbled. I hurried them into the vans, urging the people inside the safe house to come out. My mom led everyone in. My father was missing. I was torn between going to search for him and following Ling Ling's order, but in the end, I instructed them drive to Brisbane.

Trust Ling Ling to bring him back.

"Jordan, explain." 
"I can't really defy an order from the Moon Goddess or Ling Ling."
"What???" Chelsea looked somewhat shocked.
"Ling Ling foretold this attack. He wanted me to go to Brisbane and establish a new pack."
"What are you going to name it?" 
"Musicon."
"Why Musicon? Oh wait, what's this?"
Chelsea jumped out of the car and grabbed a drenched piece of paper. I sniffed it. My dad!!

Jordan,
I knew I'd get taken. The rogues have been after me since I banished them for defying me when I first was alpha. I wanted to wait till you and Alexine settled somehow, but the threat was pressing. Time flew by and they grew stronger. I'll return, but it'll take time. For now, go.
Your Father

"My dad banished a group of people who disobeyed him. They thought he was wrong, so they kidnapped him in this attack." I explained. "Plus, Musicon is unique, because the packs in Brisbane are mostly named Latin colours, besides Twoset and Lunsolae. Let's get back in. Our destination is Laurieton. If anyone's gas is running low, or someone needs to go to the washroom, do not hesitate to let me know."

We began driving, and after 4 hours, we arrived at Laurieton.

"Alright guys, let me explain. It was an order of Ling Ling." Everyone nodded, seemingly understanding. Nobody questioned me. "Rest for an hour, re-stock provisions, washroom breaks, and fill your stomachs. We'll be driving to Gold Coast next, hopefully we'll arrive by 6pm." I said.

An hour passed, and we got into our vans again. Another five hours later, we got to Gold Coast. 
"How is everyone feeling?"
"Sleepy. What's our final destination?" they asked.
"Brisbane, just an hour from here."
"We think we ought to keep going." Chelsea spoke up.
"Okay then." Just as everyone was about to get going again, a strange wolf walked up. He was a Delta.
"Hey you wolves, where are you from? I'm Delta Stefan Wan, and who's that?" he asked, pointing at my Beta.

Chelsea stared directly at the Delta. "I'm Chelsea Tian. Was going to be beta, but probably Delta female now. Who's territory are we on?"

"Glad you asked, mate. You're on the Hybrid Alpha's land. I reckon he'll be bloody pissed off at all of you."

"Well, I'm his youngest granddaughter's mate." I responded.

"Oh, the Silver Clouds rejection, you're the alpha? Heard the girl's the Beta of Twoset now. Your beta is my mate. How is that going to work?"

"We need to leave for Brisbane, so here's my number, and Chelsea stays with you."

Chelsea grabbed her suitcase. "Tell my father that I am not his daughter anymore. Also tell Athena Kendall to leave Theo and I alone." She waved, then departed with her mate.

One hour later...

"Follow me."

"There's a large tract of unclaimed territory here. Everyone, stay here, I'm going to talk to Aurantiaco and Crescere." Apparently, the Aurantiaco alpha Marvin Clarke's Luna, Sophie Druml, was the prior beta of Twoset. 

Both packs gave their permission. 

Lunsolae next. Alpha Clarimond and Luna Lauren seemed decent, but their son Dennis always acted in a despicable manner and didn't respect anyone, including his own parents. He even tried to pick a fight against me, but his father stopped him. Their Beta Randall Liebermnan looked appalling, sporting a devilish grin 24/7. Lunsolae looks dangerous, so ditch the alliance. 

They also gave their permission. Now onto Twoset.

Oscar grinned. Now onto my mate.

Nuh uh, redemption first.