Saving a stranger(chapter-1)

Mayesha's pov

O my Allah. I have become so late. What I will do today? They will not leave me. Allah please save me. I don't want to go through it again. It's so painful. I was in a stage of crying now. I am feeling so scare.

O sorry, you guys must be thinking who I am and why I am speaking all this. So then, Assalamu Alaikum, my name is Mayesha Akram. And I am currently 21 years old and working in a bakery. And I am a Pakistani girl living in Lahore.

And today I am late, so I am scared of my uncle and aunty. They don't like me but still kind enough to let me work. After all they are also benefitted by this because they are getting an amount of money from my salary. According to them I am paying my debt because they gave me shelter and food. So what can I say!

It is now 8:45 and I was told to reach the home before 8:30 . So you can understand what is going to happen. Yes, they hit me. And it's so painful. I always try to be in the safe side but today am late. So I am thinking to take a short cut but the problem is that it is an alley. So by taking Allah's name I take the alley road.

"Ouch, what is this? How I fall?" I don't know how but I tripped into something and as a result I fall. But you guys will not believe me what I see then. There is a man lying in the floor. So I kneel down and tap his cheek.

" O,my Allah, hey, hey are you okay? say something."

"Sa.... Sav..e ..me, pl..eas.e" Thank god he is alive. But what happen to him. He is also bleeding. He has cut here and there.Most important why he is lying in this situation? That's too in such a place.

"Don't don't close your eyes. Keep your eyes open. I am calling ambulance, wait please." God please help. By now i was about to cry and I am also panicking but I have to be strong.

I call ambulance and tell them the address. Then again I tap his cheeks. He is trying I can see, he is fighting for his life. O Allah please save him. I then take my bag again and give him my water bottle.

"Please have some water and keep your eyes open."

"Ca..ll.. call...." ." Ambulance came, wait". He was saying something but the ambulance came so saying this I stand up and run towards the sound.

"Come first please, save him"I said to them.

"Mam don't panic, take us to him". someone said maybe the doctor.

"Yes, please come this way." I take them to the place.

They saw him and started to do their work. After few minutes they took him inside of ambulance, doctors are giving him some injection and others things. But he is unconscious now, I just can't think anything. I can't even able to speak.

After sometime we came to the hospital cause the hospital is not in that distance, it is pretty close.Then they took him in emergency ward. I was also about to go with them.But somebody stop me and told me to fill up the form and do the formalities. So I fill-up the form but I don't know anything so I fill the form without any information of the patient and go to the reception to give the form.

"Mam,you need to gave the mentioned amount, so how you would like to pay mam. By card or cash?" The reception lady asked but she didn't even see the form nicely, what can i say.

"O..ok, how much I have to pay. I didn't see it. Sorry,so can please say the amount?"

"Yeah,sure. Mam you have to pay 40,000 rupee." And that's it. I feel like what more I can do. I don't have that much of money with me. I just have my 20,000 that also my salary. What I am going to do. I also have to give some money to my uncle and aunty. O Allah what I am going to do??But a person life is more important. I can have my money but right now I have to save him. But how will I get the extra money,I don't have more money with me.

"Sorry, but I don't have that much money with me. I just have 20,000 with me." I said to the receptionist lady.

"But mam you have to pay the full amount. Or else the treatment will be stop" the lady said to me. O no this can't happen. So I again checked my hand bag but I don't have more money.

I am nervous.My hand automatically goes towards my neck as I have a habit of playing with my chain when I am nervous. Then something came to my mind so I did it." Mam, if i give you my this chain will you take it? But don't stop the treatment please. I think it is around 20,000 or something like that." I pleaded the lady.

"But mam we can't take it. I can't help you. Sorry" the lady said.

"Please mam, please. Try to understand" I again pleaded.

"Okay, give it to me. I will take it and give money from me. But you can't share it with anyone. Okay??" She said.

"Okay, sure mam." Then I give her mine grandma's last symbol which I have with me. But I know my grandmother will be so proud of me.

Then I go from there to sit in the chair but I got a call from my aunty. And that's it,I totally forgot that i have to go home. I checked the time and it is now 9:15 . I am so late. So I just pick up the call and said my salam.

"Where the hell are you ha? Are going to come home or not?" She asked me. What to say, what to say. Idea.

"Aunty, today we have a lot of customer so I am just late. I am coming. I am in my way to home." I said to her.

"Okay come quickly. Use the key and don't make any noise also do the dishes. I am going to sleep early today. Your uncle is not going to come home tonight.Got it?". She said.

"Sure. I am coming"I said and disconnect the phone.

I can't stay here any more. I have to go. Allah please save him. I pray for him in my heart and quickly leave the hospital, so no one can see me, after all I take him to hospital so I should stay, but I am leaving. Sorry.

First chapter is over here. I hope you guys like it. Please support me. Also vote and comment. Please 🥺