King Yan stood straight, pointing at the grassland in front of him, as if it was his world.

Xu Ran heard him say, "Not only will this land be full of lush grasses in the next year, but it will also be full of cows and sheep. When the next winter arrives, I won't have to worry about my people starving or freezing to death."

King Yan turned back and looked at Xu Ran with a serious expression. He asked him, "Tell me, will this place be as good as I said in the coming year?"

"Of course, it will become the largest farm in Yanzhou in the following year, and this is the first step for Yanzhou to become affluent," Xu Ran said without thinking.

When Xu Ran finished, King Yan also calmed down and said: "This place was on the verge of becoming a desert in the past. I stumbled into it by chance. I arrived with Yan Hao at the time. He drew a grass on his way here, grabbing it in his palm, and ultimately dropping it here. I was riding a horse at the moment and thought something had fallen off. As a result, I looked back and noticed the grass, which I had forgotten about. But the next spring, when I arrived at the military camp to exercise troops, I became agitated and wanted to wander about. Then I noticed the grass, standing in the middle of a desolate landscape, where Yan Hao had dropped it.-"

King Yan smiled and continued, "At the time, I was still perplexed as to why a grass had survived when there was nothing else growing here. I'm not sure why, but I took a couple additional plants and planted them next to that one. Later, I returned frequently to view these plants. Nothing was done by me. After a while, the plants were able to thrive on their own. At the time, a thought germinated in my head. I kept sending people to dig up the wild grasses and bring them here, until the grasses had completely covered the area. The grasses had taken root here for the third year. I intend to bring large groups of cows and sheep here next year."

King Yan's words sparked his lofty ideas and ambitious ambitions. He exuded confidence. Xu Ran did not respond. He simply glanced up at the distant sky and down at the meadow beneath his feet. King Yan, he felt, was truly wise and patient.

He spent three years establishing a plot of grassland. How many persons were capable of such an act?

Nothing except time was required of King Yan. Yanzhou will eventually be filled with the rich landscapes they observed in every turn. Xu Ran's heart was full of pride as he saw the design for constructing a wealthy city together, so the two talked in the grassland with the breeze caressing against them.

Xu Ran addressed King Yan about his views on rearing cows and lambs, as well as the notion of recovering wild regions.

Xu Ran said, "Yanzhou has a lot of wastelands, Your Highness. The army must rely on Yanzhou's territory for sustenance. Why not send some warriors to retake the wastelands? Every day, kung fu should be practiced, and job should be completed. They will undoubtedly like working for themselves. It does not require a large number of people. A thousand each day should enough. It won't be long until they're exploiting vast swaths of land. In terms of crop selection, I shall do so in order to ensure that soldiers are no longer starving."

"Select? What can you select from? With climate like Yanzhou, what else can you plant besides wheat, radish, and cabbage? "King Yan asked in confusion.

Xu Ran smiled at him, "I have a good idea. Your Highness, just wait and see! We should go back now! It is almost noon."

King Yan glanced at him and said, "You must be hungry."

Xu Ran didn't feel embarrassed at all. He said, "It's already noon. How can I not be hungry?"

King Yan realized he had gone too far. They had traveled a great distance all morning, and they had just eaten a bowl of sliced noodles, so it was time to eat again.