Seeing that everyone had been caught, the shopkeeper felt scared. He knelt on the ground and begged Xu Ran for mercy, "Dear masters, it must be devil that made us do it. Please spare our lives!"

After the shopkeeper, the staff also followed suit and begged for mercy, asking Xu Ran to spare them.

Xu Ran said, "I'm afraid that we're not the only victims! Before us, who knows how many people you have harmed? How can I forgive you?"

Xu Ran's words implied that he would not let them leave. The shopkeeper intended to protest when he saw that mercy was not extended. Liu Tong, on the other hand, had been keeping an eye on him. When he tried to get up, Liu Tong gave him another kick, which eventually got him to act properly.

Xu Ran had intended to send them to the yamen. They had to wait till daybreak since it was still dark. They couldn't look at these people any longer.

It was possible for them to escape even while being tied. Xu Ran said to Lu Qi, "Lu Qi, use some medicine to make them unconscious, then tie them up. When the day breaks, we will send them to the yamen."

The shopkeeper wanted to refute, but before he could speak, Lu Qi gave him a slap and he fainted directly.

Xu Ran had only seen this scene in TV dramas. "Lu Qi, what did you do to him? Why did he faint so quickly?

Lu Qi said, "It's just a click on his sleeping acupoint, which can let them sleep for two hours. If we drug them, it won't be easy to explain, and they might even bite back at us."

He knocked down the other three people as he responded to Xu Ran. Gao Quan walked to the firewood storage and got some ropes. Then they shackled the horde of people.

It was time for them to go back to their respective rooms to sleep, but Xu Ran was a little worried. He asked, "If we just send them over to the yamen like this, will people in the yamen believe us? After all, these people are the local ones in the town, and we are just outsiders."

Others were confused as well. After all, they didn't lose anything by tying up the inhabitants of the town and sending them to the yamen. Furthermore, this inn has been operational for a long time. Despite the fact that similar incidents had occurred in the past, the inn remained open. It was unclear what these people had in common with the yamen. They were afraid they'd bite them back.

The more Xu Ran thought about it, the less he believed it would work. He worriedly stroked his chin. Other people haven't had to cope with anything like this. Despite the fact that Lu Qi had seen a lot, it had all occurred to others. He had never been wronged, thus he had never felt this way.

The reason why Xu Ran was so worried was because of Mr. Hu's incident a few years ago.

He pounded his head and walked around the room. After walking for a while, he was suddenly thrilled by an idea, "I got it. Come on! Come on! Let me explain to you, we can..."

Xu Ran murmured to the gathering about the plan he had devised, and then everyone stood up and began to roll up their sleeves to go to work.

Baozi, on the other hand, has been knocked unconscious by the smoke. So Lu Qi brought out a bottle, the contents of which no one knew, and let Baozi sniff it, and Baozi awoke. Xu Ran delegated responsibility for his care to Liu Tong and Liu Shao Yu, who subsequently went to work.

Du Xin was the most ecstatic of them all, and his voice was quite loud. Xu Ran didn't want him to go, but he became impatient and reluctantly agreed. He also reminded Lu Qi that he needed to look after Du Xin, and Du Xin promised to be obedient.

Xu Ran walked to the kitchen by himself, carrying the oil lamp. He lit a fire and put water into the pot's leftover rice, which he cooked over high heat. Tangtang and Guoguo proceeded to get a pen and paper, and after grinding the ink, they began writing.