Lu Qi explained: "The prince stated that the most regrettable event in his life was helping the dog emperor in winning the battle only to be bitten by him. He said that if he had a second chance, he would kill the dog emperor. The Great Xia had a history of hundreds of years, yet only one such terrible ruler emerged, who seized the throne from his own brother. Shame on him! Thus, he would look forward to the new emperor. Only when the new emperor ascends the throne, will the ignored talent of King Yan be of use."

Xu Ran pouted and directed Lu Qi's gaze in the direction of Tangtang and Guoguo. Lu Qi glanced at him, puzzled "King Yan could be out of luck. If he wants to showcase his skill, he must rely on the next generation. Don't you see how Guoguo can fight the bandits?"

Lu Qi could not help but defend for King Yan, "King Yan is now thirty three years old. He's not old."

Xu Ran pointed to himself and said, "I'm only thirty-three too, but my sons are thirteen years old."

Okay! Lu Qi was now silent. King Yan's eldest child, a brother, was just 10 years old. The younger boy was just eight years old, far too young to go to the battlefield.

As they spoke, the two did forget about the time. Liu Tong and the others waited and waited, but they didn't see them. Liu Tong asked Tangtang and Guoguo to call them because they were too anxious.

After Tangtang and Guoguo reminded him, Xu Ran looked up at the sky and saw that the sun was already halfway down and that he was still a long way from town. As a result, the two abruptly stopped conversing, hastily summoned Liu Tong and the others into the carriage, and began their journey towards town.

They required at least four rooms for the nine of them. Xu Ran did not want to make do, nor did he want his children to make do, therefore he ordered only first-class rooms. Better service would come with a higher price.

When they went outside, Xu Ran had put a lot of money in everyone's pockets, including Baozi's. Nobody would expect a kid to have money with him, he reasoned. Xu Ran and the others appeared to be unlucky today, as they came to another gangster inn.

This is how everything went down. Because there were no other guests at the inn, the shopkeeper had been watching them from the minute they walked in. It just so happened that Xu Ran continued to talk. Naturally, he saw Xu Ran as the leader of this group of people. He breathed narcotic smoke into their room at night, just as they were falling asleep.

Xu Ran, on the other hand, awoke with the sensation that something was wrong. He covered his nose as well as Liu Tong's. Because Xu Ran only had two hands, he was unconcerned about Baozi. After a time of waiting in the room, someone broke out the door lock and entered, and then he began flipping through, clearly seeking for their packages.

To be safe, Xu Ran had placed the package on the head of the bed. The guy couldn't find it anyplace except the bed after a long search. Then he approached them. As soon as his hand touched the box, Liu Tong grabbed his wrist and twisted it forcefully, breaking the man's wrist instantly and causing him to scream.

At the same moment, gloomy cries erupted from the room next door. It appeared like there was more than one intruder taking action at the same moment! Liu Tong subdued the person. Xu Ran carried Baozi out of bed, lighted the lamps, and saw the man kneeling on the ground–the shopkeeper.

Xu Ran smiled, "Manager, it turned out that this is your formal job. You must have made a lot of money out of that! You've got a lot of passers-by imprisoned, haven't you? How many lives have you taken? Should we send you to the yamen and let you be properly cared for?"

Tangtang and Guoguo marched the inn's waiter into their room after Xu Ran concluded his words and before this guy could respond.

Lu Qi and Gao Quan also marched people over. Xu Ran handed Baozi over to Tangtang and clapped, "Manager, it seems that all of your staff are here! It really is a generous gesture."