This was something Chief Li had recently considered. The timing was very tight since they still needed to rent the oxcarts.

Chief Li thought for a while and said to Xu Ran, "Brother Xu Ran, how about I go to your place to transport the goods back tomorrow? I'll go find a carriage today, but I don't know where you live. You have to send someone to lead the way."

Xu Ran turned his gaze to Zhuo Yun and Zhuo Yun understood what Xu Ran meant. He continued, "Chief Li, you know where I live. You can ask someone to look for me tomorrow. I will take you to Xu Village, which is not far away from here."

Chief Li smiled brightly. "Alright, then we'll come to you tomorrow. We'll go back and find the oxcarts today."

Chief Li turned around and left with the second chief.

Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun cupped their hands towards them to bid farewell.

Following their departure, Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun sat opposite one other and began to grin. It was actually possible to generate money without leaving the house this time. It was still a wonderful thing, even though a big amount of it had to be thrown away.

Zhuo Yun had to wait for Chief Li, so he didn't accompany Xu Ran back to Xu Village. Instead, they returned to their own residence. Housekeeper Zhuo laughed at them as they approached the door. He said that he treated other people's homes as if they were his own, but that he treated his own as an inn.

Zhuo Yun wasn't annoyed and said with a smile, "Uncle Zhuo, you haven't lived in Xu Ran's place, and didn't know its good points.To be honest, if you didn't have to watch the house, I would have made you move in together."

Housekeeper Zhuo didn't expect that Zhuo Yun would be so tempted. He hurriedly waved his hand and said, "Young master, this can't be done. No matter how close your relationship with Master Xu is, your house can't be sold."

Zhuo Yun nodded to show that he knew it. He said, "It is just an idea. I don't really plan to do it. I won't go so far, Uncle Zhuo, don't worry. You may relax because there are other servants at home. If you're truly bored, go out and buy a child to raise."

Housekeeper Zhuo said, "I almost forgot if you didn't remind me of it. It's time for me to foster an successor. I'm old now. I don't know how many years I can still live. It will be reassuring to make early arrangements."

Zhuo Yun's heart constricted as he heard Housekeeper Zhuo's words. He just saw the white hairs on Housekeeper Zhuo's temples at this point. Uncle Zhuo was in his fifties at the time, and Zhuo Yun silently repeated it to himself.

When one grew older, the word "death" was the one thing he dreaded the most. It was, of course, the very word that one feared the least. People are always wishing for a few more years to live. Housekeeper Zhuo must have thought about it for a long time before saying it, or else he wouldn't have said it so naturally.

Zhuo Yun frowned and said, "Uncle Zhuo, what are you talking about? You're still young. I hope you can help me manage my house for a lot more years."

After hearing Zhuo Yun's words, housekeeper Zhuo smiled. "I know how I am, young master. When one reaches a certain age, he must accept the reality. I can now foster a child because I have so much free time. There will be people at Zhuo Mansion who will help the young master if Uncle Zhuo passes away one day. Your nation and you, young master, shall always be alive."

Housekeeper Zhuo sighed so deeply that he gave Zhuo Yun the impression that he had gone for a walk and that his father was waiting for him at home, eagerly.

Housekeeper Zhuo was also understood by Zhuo Yun. Uncle Zhuo had been his companion for a long time. Uncle Zhuo used to handle all home issues when he and Qin Shuwen hadn't reconciled years ago. He was, in fact, the one to whom he owed the most.