So he and Xu Ran missed each other just like that...

Xu Ran returned to town to check out and filled the carriage with the substantial meal and drink served by the waiter. After that, he drove the carriage to catch up with the large troops carrying the fruit trees. Xu Ran had tried everything he could to avoid Du Xin, so how could he say his goodbyes to him?

With no one to stop them along the road, they were able to leave Half Moon Town without incident.

When Du Xin awoke, the first thing he did was walk to the inn to look for Xu Ran and the others. They had checked out this morning, it turned out. Du Xin was worried that everything were going wrong and that he would be late, so he rushed to the Li Village.

He noticed the village chief delivering money to the villagers as they arrived at Li Village. Du Xin made a stomping motion with his feet. He was really late.

Du Xin was irritated to the point of tears, but he didn't know who to blame. After a long period of being at home, he returned home depressed and hurried out to play. Despite the fact that he had recruited a posse of pals, he remained uninterested. Mm, and perhaps more significantly, Lu Qi did not come out to console him, which was strange.

They recalled the path when they returned since they had previously examined it when they arrived, saving them more than a day.

Many people in the village were naturally drawn to the army of oxcarts moving along the road.

Everyone in the town was aware that Xu Ran had purchased a piece of land on which he wanted to cultivate fruit trees. A large number of individuals also went to take a look. It was so barren at the time that even the grass struggled to thrive. Xu Ran was often regarded as a prodigal son.

No one could have predicted that half of the slope would be planted with mature fruit trees in only a few months. The villager's jealousy grew as a result of this.

Especially this time, Xu Ran returned with a large number of fruit trees. Many people in the village who knew Xu Ran aspired to acquire one slice of pie from him. They assumed that the trees would be inexpensive, but that if the fruit trees produced fruit, they would make a lot of money.

These persons were not rejected by Xu Ran. He stated unequivocally that a tree would cost one tael of silver, and that if the money was given, he would deliver the tree. Only he could see such apparent price gouging. The fruit trees could not be sold at this price, everyone realized. To keep them out of it, Xu Ran just stated so.

But, from Xu Ran's point of view, why should the things he had worked so hard on have to be shared with others? Did he lack these pence? Did they consider him to be a fool?

Xu Ran didn't want to cause a ruckus. He wanted to raise the price to send them away.

These people will never be content with their lives. He believed he had treated the people in his village well, so he hired villagers to take care of everything except home problems and house repairs. As a result, these people still wanted to bite him, which was difficult to do.

Xu Ran suspected it had anything to do with his benevolence after the Xu Cheng incident. More significantly, despite the fact that his identification as a Scholar was known in the village, he never used it to oppress others, thus no one seemed to mind.

But today, Xu Ran decided to try it.

The oxcarts were barred as they approached the entrance. He couldn't even enter his own home. Outsiders would laugh at him, and he himself would be uncomfortable. Fortunately, the scene was too much to bear, and the village chief was summoned.