Du Xin was annoyed by his interference, so he replied, "It's none of your business."

Lu Qi suddenly stopped speaking. Du Xin recognized he had overstepped his bounds. Lu Qi, after all, was just concerned about him. He wanted to apologize, so he opened his mouth. When he looked up, he saw that they had already arrived at their mansion's entrance. As a result, he swallowed his apologies.

Du Xin's bringing someone home would not draw too much notice as the Du Family's lone young master. Things would be different if this guy was a servant of King Yan.

When Du Xin observed his father being so courteous to Lu Qi while the latter was there putting on airs, his first apologies to Lu Qi disappeared.

Despite the fact that Du Xin preferred to confront his father in the opposite manner, he was, after all, his father. Lu Qi, on the other hand, was approximately his age and so a junior. How dare he make his father grovel in front of him? Du Xin was quite uneasy about it.

As a result, he departed without even listening to them. However, as he was leaving, he overheard his father apologize to Lu Qi. Even more irritated was Du Xin. However, he realized he couldn't go back to them right now, so he walked straight to his room and lay down in bed.

He felt Lu Qi was the most hateful person. Although Xu Ran didn't treat him well, he had never been so rude to his dad.

Although, Xu Ran had never seen his dad...

Du Xin was worried that he wouldn't be able to sleep, but as soon as he was wrapped in the blanket, he was sound asleep. He afterwards wondered how Lu Qi got into his room. He had no idea that Lu Qi had been sleeping in the same bed with him the entire night.

On the second day, Du Xin did not go out to meet Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun. Instead, he fought with the person lying on his bed.

Du Xin was angry at Lu Qi. Lu Qi was likewise certain that he had made a mistake. As a result, he attempted to put up with Du Xin and avoid involving Du Xin's father in the situation.

So this time, Du Xin was really satisfied.

He felt very happy and excited!

Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun, on the other hand, left early the next morning towards Li Village. They had already visited the location. There couldn't recall the path since they were two people combined.

At the time, the Li Village residents were busy excavating trees. Many people had seen Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun previously, and they were greeted along the way.

Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun were bored and decided to help each other dig fruit trees. They advised traveling up the mountain for a visit after getting to know the people.

Because the adults in the village were busy excavating trees and there was no one to lead them, they let a group of children to accompany them. After all, Xu Ran and Zhuo Yun had not visited the area before and were unfamiliar with it. They simply went outdoors and strolled about. There were a few fruit trees in the neighborhood, but they weren't plentiful. In fact, Xu Ran had cut down a large number of trees.

They didn't need to spend money on those trees that Xu Ran would never stop looking for. It took them five days to dig the fruit trees, and the entire village came out to lend a hand until they had enough. This had nearly dug out half of the town's fruit trees, making the entire village appear desolate.

Xu Ran felt bad about it, but the village chief assured him that everything would be fine because they still had large trees. The village would revert to its former look once the seeds matured into saplings.

Xu Ran, of course, would not continue the conversation because the village chief had said so. They would leave early the next morning after loading all of the fruit trees into the ox cart.