Liu Tong's clothing were also soaked, but just from the waist down. Xu Ran thought that running back and forth would be inconvenient, so he proposed that they take a bath together.

Liu Tong consented despite his embarrassment and the fact that they were still in other people's house since he knew he couldn't let the village head provide hot water for him again.

Liu Tong had placed the silver notes they had brought with them this time on the innermost layer of his clothing and securely wrapped them with a handkerchief.

Liu Tong pulled the item out at the time and exhaled a sigh of relief when he discovered it was not damp. Thankfully, the river was not very deep and their clothing was not entirely soaked.

In the bath, they both had a good time. Liu Tong let Xu Ran sit there since his hands and feet were still aching, and he planned to wash their clothing himself.

"If you don't want something to happen to you again, you must throw the clothes away!" remarked the village chief, who appeared out of nowhere.

The village chief's words seemed so definite, as if something bad would happen if they didn't throw away the clothes. Liu Tong took one look at Xu Ran and decided. He stepped out with the clothing in his hands. Xu Ran understood exactly what he meant. He intended to throw the clothing.

Liu Tong, on the other hand, did not trust what the village chief had said. However, because it was about Ran, he would like to think what he said was true.

Xu Ran waited in the yard on a stool, preparing to inform the village chief about his fall into the river. He didn't expect the village chief to speak first, but "Don't say you fell into the river if you don't want to. I'm not interested in knowing about it, and I'm not interested in dealing with it. You may go back to where you were in three days since everything is OK now! Keep in mind that you should not return to this place."

Xu Ran was taken aback by what the village chief said to him. He gulped the words he was about to speak. Xu Ran could tell from the village chief's look that he wouldn't be able to extract any more information from him.

Still, something about Hu Jin, who was attempting to kill him, made Xu Ran a bit hesitant to let it go. At the same time, he couldn't help but think that the instances of the deceased in the village that Hu Jin informed him about were real, but that the causes of death were different.

Xu Ran deliberated for a long time. He chose to shift the topic because the village chief refused to answer his inquiry in this regard. He thought that knowing more knowledge was always beneficial. There were still three days left, after all. He assumed he would be murdered if he didn't know anything here.

Xu Ran then asked the village chief, "Village chief, are there always people from other villages coming here?"

"Did Hu Jin tell you about it?" The village chief sounded extremely dangerous. He pretended to believe Xu Ran had known a secret he shouldn't have known, and that if he acknowledged it, he would kill him.

This reaction was too great and Xu Ran became even more alert.

Xu Ran replied, "No, he didn't. I just guess so. You know, I used to visit to the hamlet to buy strawberry seeds. I'm aware that your village produces fruit. As a result, I assumed there would be a large number of people here to buy fruits, so I inquired."

Even still, the village chief didn't appear to believe it. He discovered, however, that Xu Ran was staring at him innocently, with no hint of remorse.

The village chief looked away from Xu Ran after a brief pause and said, "No, our village attracts a small number of visitors. Only a few familiar merchants come to buy fruits on a regular basis, and they don't typically remain long."