Xu Ran nodded, "Well, thank you so much, village chief. In the coming days, we'll have to bother your family, but I have one more request. I'm not sure if the village chief will agree."

"What is it?" The village chief asked.

Xu Ran said, "You see, village chief. As I already stated, I traveled to the village to buy fruit trees. I'm curious whether your village has any fruit trees. I'm hoping to be able to wander around the village. Don't worry, village chief; I will not leave the village. I really hope that the government can quickly identify the murderer and comfort Mr. Hu's spirit in heaven."

The village chief thought for a moment and then said, "As long as you don't leave the village, it will be fine."

Xu Ran cupped his hands and replied. "Thank you, village head.Please assign a security guard to this place! First, I'll go to the village entrance to meet my spouse. I've been gone for quite some time. He'll be worried, I'm afraid.

"All right. I'll go with you. I'll bring you to my house by the way," the village chief said before walking out together with Xu Ran.

Except when he first came in and met Xu Ran, the village head appeared unsurprised by what had occurred to Mr. Hu. Xu Ran was perplexed by his demeanor.

When Xu Ran looked back at the crowd behind him, he noticed that everyone seemed to be used to it. As a result, he didn't inquire further, instead reminding himself to be wary of the village chief.

When they stepped outside, they noticed that there were already a large number of people gathered at the entrance. Xu Ran surmised that the reason none of them entered was because the individuals who had entered earlier had said something, causing them to be afraid to take another step inside.

Liu Tong, the carriage's driver, was also standing in the throng, which Xu Ran observed. Several individuals in his immediate vicinity were carefully staring at the carriage at the time.

Xu Ran went up to Liu Tong and apologized, "Tongtong, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave you for so long."

Liu Tong shook his head, "It's okay! I know that you are worried about Mr. Hu. When I came with the crowd, I heard someone say that Mr. Hu is dead. What has happened? Wasn't he still okay when you sent him back?"

Xu Ran answered, "Mr. Hu is indeed dead. His body is rotten and even can be smelled from outside the room. It seems that he is dead for at least two months."

The surprise on Liu Tong's face was clearly seen, "How can it be? None of the people here found it out?"

Xu Ran wanted to get near to Liu Tong and inform him about his guess, but he gave up when he remembered he had just exited the room and was probably full of the odor.

Thus he just said to Liu Tong, "Tongtong, Their village chief has dispatched a representative to Yamen. He advised us to stay in the village for the time being and not to leave. We have no choice but to wait until the matter is resolved. We may temporarily remain in the village chief's house, he added. First, let's go find him!"

Liu Tong did smell something from Xu Ran. He thought that Xu Ran really needed to take a bath to change his clothes. He nodded, "Okay, let's go!"

Xu Ran skipped the Big Black and kept a safe distance from Liu Tong on his route to visit the village chief. Liu Tong was aware of the cause and remained silent.

The village head was being peppered with questions by the people. Xu Ran came up and went in between them, interrupting them "Please accept my apologies, village chief. Will you take us to your home right now? I'm starting to smell bad, so I'm going to take a bath right now."