Xu Ran saw the fiddlehead sprouting as they searched the mountain for fruit trees. Xu Ran remembered telling Qin Shuwu about selling fiddlehead, so he and his family spent two days getting it. It was March 18th by the time he walked out. When he traveled through town, he prepared to present everything to Qin Shuwu, and he briefly left the family in the care of Gao Quan.

This was the first time Xu Ran and Liu Tong had gone out together. More significantly, it was Liu Tong's first trip out of town, and he couldn't help but be excited.

It was sunny spring, and it was great pleasure to travel with his lover.

The more Xu Ran considered it, the more enthralled he became. He even want to have sex with Liu Tong outside. Of course, he merely thought about it for a moment and realized that it was impossible. Even if he could be shameless, Liu Tong would be too shamed to accept and would refuse.

In the driver's seat, Liu Tong and Xu Ran sat. They conversed while admiring the landscape along the way. It was really relaxing!

When they came across a large number of fruit trees, they would occasionally stop and inquire about the price, but no one was ready to sell. On the other side, there were instances when the trees were too large to be moved, and they were disappointed.

They didn't sleep in the carriage that night since Liu Tong was with him. They tracked down a farmer and handed him some copper money before spending the night in his home. It was already the morning of March 20th when they arrived.

Xu Ran observed a lot of people this time since it was a busy agricultural season and many families were plowing land.

The locals were surprised to see two strangers arrive in a carriage from nowhere, and they drew a lot of attention. Someone approached and inquired about the person they were looking for in the village. Mr. Hu was the subject of Xu Ran's search.

The person asked them, "Who are you? Mr. Hu left the village last year. Don't you know?"

Xu Ran was stunned at this, "Didn't Mr. Hu come back on Spring Festival? I sent him back myself!"

Xu Ran sensed something was amiss and rushed towards Mr. Hu's house, leaving the carriage behind.

_____

Xu Ran went with a group of rural residents. Liu Tong didn't accompany him because he was afraid the carriage would be stolen, so he waited by the side of the carriage. Xu Ran was a lightning fast runner. It seemed surprising that the villagers were unaware that Mr. Hu had returned. Even though Mr. Hu had his own home, he couldn't remain there all of the time.

Mr. Hu had been picked up by his son, so Xu Ran assumed that those who didn't know him well in the village would be unaware. But the expression on their faces just now, as if no one knew, was odd.

When Xu Ran arrived at Mr. Hu's house, he saw that it had a flat space in front of it rather than a yard, where he might have done some housework, such as drying things. It didn't appear to be an occupied residence from the outside. Xu Ran also saw that the items outside the home were in the same order as they were on his previous evening visit. He could see it even at night.

Looking back at the villagers behind him, Xu Ran asked, "Are you sure none of you have ever seen Mr. Hu?" It was me who sent him back on the New Year's Eve. And I was also driving a carriage at that time. Didn't you see me? "

Xu Ran remembered that he had met two people that night.

"Was it about to dark, at the entrance of the village?" someone asked.

Xu Ran nodded hurriedly, "Yes, yes, I brought Mr. Hu back during the day, but when we got to the entrance of the village, he didn't let me in. I was worried something bad could happen, so I came over late at night. I knocked on the door, but no one answered. After all, I had seen Mr. Hu enter the village, so I didn't give it much thought. I returned because I assumed he had fallen asleep."