[41] ✽ Odd Days ✽

Start from the beginning

"I see you still find it hard to believe that I do exist in flesh and blood."

Without answering you only stared at the male, wondering if he knew your locations or worse, was following you for an unknown reason?

Taking a step back, you glanced around noticing that there was nothing dangerous to worry about. Namjoon tilted his head.

"Are you there?"

You slapped his chest, "why are you always trying to scare me every time we meet?"

Namjoon was surprised at your action before he shook his head, offering you a lopsided smile.

"Sorry. I thought you were still angry at me."

"I am."

You still didn't forget the day when you saw Namjoon in Jungkook's office or when you tried to ask him for answers but he rejected the idea to help you.

It infuriated you.

"If you are not here to give me answers, why are you here?"

He sighed, "I was passing by when I saw you. Can't I even say hi now?"

"No. Not until you help me or I get the answers."

You adamantly shook your head, taking another step back when Namjoon tried to grab your hand. He looked guilty and dejected but respected your decision.

"If that's what you wish."

"So you still won't tell me anything?" You asked in disbelief.

Namjoon bit lips before he looked away into the distance. As though he was trying to think hard, you noticed his jaw clenching more tightly.

"Iㅡ fine. But I'll give you only the hint because it is not in my place to tell you the truth."

His answer made you excited and you looked up in utter surprise as well as anticipation. Were you finally going to get some answer?

"Tell me. Anything."

"I did go to the office because your boss had asked to see me regarding something."

"Why'd they ask you?"

"To extract some information.."

"About?"

Namjoon gulped but his eyes never left your shorter form. You squinted your eyes in attention, unable to understand why Jungkook asked to see him since they were not related in any way.

Then it hit you.

"Oh my-," you looked at him in horror as Namjoon gravely nodded, "they called you to ask about my family and my background right?"

He looked unsure but nodded and you could only gape at him in shock. Never in your dreams did you expect Seokjin or Jungkook to ask your near ones about your background like that.