Wu Mei shouted loudly, "Village chief, you must find the perpetrator out and hand him over to Yamen!"

"Yes, hand him over to Yamen!"

"Hand him over to Yamen!"

The rest of the people immediately answered after Wu Mei. Who in the village didn't have a child? Giving birth to a kid was not a simple or straightforward process. What a cruel person that was to injure a small child!

People in the village essentially believed that, and the village chief anticipated such a reaction. "Let's start counting the number of persons present right now," he urged to everyone. "Each family's head comes to me to report the number of members in their family. Whether your family have left or not, they all count as long as they are still in the village. Also, please explain where you were all last night and this morning, what you did, and who can confirm it."

Those who were innocent would be highly cooperative in this type of poll, whereas those who had done something wrong would be quite hesitant.

"Is the ewe of the Xu Ran Family really dead, village chief? Then take it out and show it to us. We haven't seen anything yet; otherwise, how can we tell if it's real?"

The village chief had never met the person who had said this. Many people in the village had never seen of him, but Xu Ran had. Xu Ran knew he had guessed accurately when he saw him. Liu Tiezhu was involved in this case in some way.

Xu Ran then said, "Village chief, this is the son of my Tongtong's eldest uncle's. Their family have forcefully taken over the land from Tongtong's family. I am afraid he came here at the Xu Village ill-disposed."

"Yeah, yeah! Maybe it was he who killed the sheep of the Liu Tong Family's. You see this person has no relatives at the Xu Village, so why is he here?"

"Yes, village head, quickly get someone to capture him and properly interrogate him. If he doesn't admit it, send him to Yamen."

The villagers present repeated each other and were on the verge of apprehending Liu Tiezhu. Liu Tiezhu was flustered at this point and wanted to flee silently. Xu An was standing near him, which was unfortunate.

Xu An grabbed Liu Tiezhu to stop his action, and then he said loudly, "Village chief, he must have done something wrong so that he wanted to escape. Please give the order!"

The village chief took a look around. Xu Ran gave him a nod, suggesting that he should grab that person. The village chief understood what he was suggesting. As a result, he directed, "Come on, Grasp this person and question him thoroughly. Seeing the dead ewe isn't impossible. Doctor Liu is also a witness and can explain the situation to you."

Only the village chief held more clout in the village than Doctor Liu. After all, there were so many people in the village that anyone with a headache or a mild fever had to come to him.

Doctor Liu informed the people everything he had witnessed and allowed Xu Ran to display everyone the paper he had written.

Even if the majority of the people there couldn't read, there were a handful who could. They discovered that what was written on the paper was identical to what they had just heard. As a result, no one suspected Doctor Liu of assisting Xu Ran.

Doctor Liu's most crucial point was that it was done by two persons, not just one. Everyone now believed that one of them was Liu Tiezhu, and they all requested that he be interrogated right away.

Liu Tiezhu was apprehended by a small group of people, so he couldn't flee even if he wanted to. He now regrets both running over to witness the fun and talking excessively. If he was truly transported to Yamen, everything would be over for him.