Shao Yu claimed to have seen the stranger the day before. He was clearly well prepared, as evidenced by the fact that the occurrence occurred today!

However, the courtyard wall, which was not low at all, surrounded their sheep's corral and stable. It was hard for Liu Tiezhu to tell what was going on inside their house, no matter how closely he looked around.

Neither was Xu Cheng familiar with their home. How on earth could they slip into the courtyard so silently if they were both the perpetrators?

Things happened, in any case. Xu Ran thought his first evaluation of the matter was overly simplistic. The incident had inadvertently become a cold case. There was a knock on the door outside before he could figure out what was going on inside.

They were Doctor Liu and the village chief when Shao Yu opened the door. As soon as the village chief stepped inside, he began yelling at Xu Ran. Xu Ran bolted from the room "Good day, Village Chief. You've arrived!"

With a concerned expression on his face, the village chief inquired, "What exactly is going on? I heard from Doctor Liu that your ewe was slaughtered and that your child experienced stomach pain after drinking the milk?"

Xu Ran replied, "Village head, it is indeed so. Doctor Liu saw it with me. I still left the ewe there and I didn't touch it."

The chief of the village sighed. "Let's go check it out!" I'm curious as to what type of bad luck you've had or what kind of person you've angered in order for someone to come after you at the Spring Festival.

'It's not that I've offended anyone,' Xu Ran murmured to himself, rubbing his nose. 'It's just that there are always those who find me an eyesore and wish to cause me trouble.' It bothers me greatly.'

The village head looked at the dead ewe on the ground and his reaction was exactly the same as Doctor Liu's.

The village head then said, "Don't worry.I'll give you a detailed explanation of what happened. It's acceptable to simply kill the ewe, but it's not acceptable to harm a child. In our village, there are so many cruel people that I'm afraid every household will be restless from now on. Do not move the ewe at this time. I'm going to have the clan's elders testify about this. Doctor Liu, go and help me gather all the people in the village here. "

"Okay, then I'll make a trip again. Xu Ran, don't go out now. Who knows what this person wants to do next?" Doctor Liu reminded Xu Ran and then he left with the village head.

Xu Ran was speechless when he saw both of them hurrying away. Everything seemed good at first, and the Spring Festival was nearly done. Nobody expected something like this to happen.

Xu Ran's house was soon flooded with people. They all came from the same small village. Tangtang and Guoguo had also returned from school. They had no idea what had occurred. They proceeded to see Xu Ran and Liu Tong to ask why there were so many people outside their house.

Xu Ran asked Liu Tong to give Tangtang and Guoguo a detailed explanation while he went outside the door himself.

When the village head saw that Xu Ran had come, he shouted to the public, "Silence. Listen to me, you guys. Because there was a bloody case in the village today, I summoned everyone here. An ewe belonging to Xu Ran's family was slaughtered. Not only that, but there was even someone who refused to let go of a one-month-old baby. This individual must be apprehended and dealt with harshly, or the village will never be tranquil again!"

As soon as the village chief finished speaking, the assembly erupted into a frenzy of conversation. Wu Mei's family, as well as the other families, were present. When they learned that Xu Ran's ewe had been slaughtered, other people plotted to harm Baozi. They were quite angry.