Chapter 24 Nightmares And A Glow

(Warning* Finally Explicit Sexual content*** will be marked)
(Photo by google, music Berry White "My First, My Last, My Everything" provided by YouTube)

(there will be time jumps through out the chapter js)

Ava POV****************

It has been 2 months since the night Lachlan and I had our first kiss but, not our last!  I think to myself as I lay my head on Lachlans' rock solid chest with his strong arms around me. I smile with my eyes closed as I think of what Suzanne said to me today, "Who are you humping? Is it Mr. Grey? Dean? Nathan Day?" "Nathan Day?" Kim asks. "Yea, why Nathan?" I ask. Suzanne replies "You have to be fucking somebody to be smiling like that when the pizza is all gone! And Nathan Day was your first crush. I couldn't think of anyone else." We all giggle. She was not wrong to wonder what's going on with me, hell, I wonder what's going on with me. Of course all I did was deny, deny, deny. I will tell them after graduation when it will not matter who I date.

Things have changed so much, I have changed so much. I have developed 'Perma-grin'; that's what I call it, where I smile like the village idiot for no reason most days. (No offence to village idiots ;) Lachlan has quit his work for the college to spend more time with me. I still have my Teachers assistant position on paper but, I don't think making out in the supply closet an actual job.

 Lachlan sneaks in my room every night and, I love it! Sleeping with him makes me feel safe, secure, and cared for. I feel guilty sometimes. If Granny comes in my room with his vamp. speed Lachlan hides in my closet. Seeing a 6ft something vampire hiding in my tiny closet is so hilarious. "Ava get up for school." Granny chimes as she partially opens my door. I can not tell my Granny I'm dating a vampire, she will not understand.

We still haven't moved past heavy make-outs with a little bump n'  grind but, I'm okay with that. I'm not ready...yet.. I have always wanted my first to be with someone I love, or I think I love. I don't know if we are to love yet, but, I'm happy. Except for the nightmares or should I say nightmare. It's always same.....

I see Lachlan and beautiful but, scary a looking woman walking away from me holding hands. He looks back and says "I'm sorry." turns and they walk away together. A stabbing pain shoots through my heart. I look around and I'm in the country a few mile from town so I walk home crying, with a broken heart, blaming myself for letting him in. 

The scary woman comes back laughing calling me pathetic and other names. I run but she catches me in seconds. I hear more laughing, and I think, will someone shut her up? Her horrid cackle continues as she pulls out a  hammer and nails saying, "I have something special prepared for you." and knocks me out with a hard right cross to the jaw. I wake up screaming in pain I feel something rip through the flesh in my feet; BAM! BAM! She's hammering nails into my feet. BAM! Bam! AAAHHHH! I scream and fade away...

I open my eyes again and I have a blade through my lung. Every breath is laboring and excruciating pain. My feet are burning throbbing in sync with my heartbeat. My hands are delightfully numb, stretched out, and each one nailed through my palms to the wood hanging thankfully; above my heart with severed nerves. I whisper, "God take care of Granny, I promised her." And that's when I wake up sweaty, shaking, and scared every night at 1:00 a.m. 

Lachlan has been there to comfort me through every nightmare. He worries but; what do you do about bad dreams? I've tried warm milk, no food before bed, and sleeping in a colder room but the nightmare still comes. I hope they stop soon.

The nightmare started a month after our first kiss. It's weird but, I feel like the bad dream is more than a dream. I feeling deep inside that something is coming. Something is coming, something bad, something very powerful. I will not dare speak of it to anyone. That would make it real, my fears real, or I would sound crazy, like my cheese slid off my cracker. Either way I will not tell a soul.