𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

"Hey, you busy?" EJ asked as he crept into the hallway, finding Nova leaning on the lockers with her eyes shut, "Wow, are you okay?"

"Just tired." she said, standing up straight, "What do you want?"

EJ hesitated but dropped his backpack and swung his arms a moment, "I'm sorry, for getting a new girlfriend so quickly. It was pretty much a jerk move and if I had known it would have bothered you, I wouldn't have made it official with Nini so quickly."

"Why would it not bother me?" Nova asked with a faint sound of disbelief.

"Cmon, Nova. The whole time we were together all we ever did was act a certain way for other people, not for us. Your parents expected you to date someone like me and were less hard on you when you were. The whole school was just waiting for us to get together." EJ listed on as Nova stayed silent, which was surprising, "We weren't real. You know that just as much as I did. I didn't think it would actually bother you if I got with someone else, all things considered."

Nova didn't say anything, soaking in his words and trying to figure out what to say. EJ panicked slightly, "Or I was wrong and you completely hate me right now?"

"I do hate you." Nova nodded her head, "But you're right. We got together because that's what everyone else wanted. You took control and finally got with someone you actually wanted to be with, makes sense."

"Right, I knew you thought that way." EJ smiled with a nod of his head, "So can we just stop fighting? We don't have to act the way everyone expects us to after a break up. We can be friends and have a good time."

Nova opened her mouth, "I'm not-"

But she stopped, he gave her a eyebrow raise, "You're not what?"

Nova shook her head, "Nothing, don't worry about it."

EJ felt like the progress he was making snapped in half when she grabbed her bag from the floor, "Whats that suppose to mean?"

"It means i'll stay out of your way and back off." Nova shrugged, pulling her bag around her shoulder, "That's what you want, isn't it? For me to stop acting like our break up truly bothers me since it definitely, in no way possible, does?"

While her tone was serious, he could tell something was off, "Nova, I didn't mean-"

"I've gotta go run lines with Seb." she cut him off quickly, heading down the hall, "Unless you think that means nothing to me either and you'd rather me act a certain way about that too?"

EJ gave a guilty express but said nothing as she walked away.

"Cheater? I am not a cheater." EJ said in disbelief as Nova looked at him in disbelief. The pizza was sat infront of them for a while now, neither of them bothering to stop their bickering to touch it, "I've never been with any other girls the whole time we were together."