𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

"Nova

"Nova." EJ peaked his head out of the auditorium with a odd look, "Why are you just standing in the hallway?"

She took her eyes off the Valentine's day posters to gap his way, "Waiting for the stage crew to show up so we can do the whole, you know, spot light on the actors things."

The fake enthusiasm in her tone was like nails on chalk board. EJ tried not to cringe as he forced a smile, "So, how was the ride to school this morning? It was the first time I haven't driven you."

"Sweaty." Nova said back honestly with a nod, "And I think I definitely messed up my bike combined, so if she's stole, we know why."

EJ had to laugh, "So I'll be back to picking you up at seven thirty?"

Nova gave a nod before taking notice of his attire, "You look very festive for the holiday."

His all black outfit for Valentine's Day going far from unnoticed in her eyes.

He shrugged, "First valentine's day without a girlfriend so, kinda lost."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, my dad happen to call me his valentine." Nova teased in a matter of fact tone, sucking in her lips.

"Is that so? Did he get you that massive heart of coconut chocolates?" EJ teased her with a nod, leaning on the doorframe.

"He did, actually." she agreed, slipping her necklace off her neck. It had a cherry charm at the end, pushing onto her tiptoes to put it around his neck, "There, a little something to make you feel more festive."

"EJ!" Ashlyn called from inside, "We're about to start!"

Nova forced a smile again, "You better get in there."

He wanted to tell her to come, join them despite not being apart of the cast. EJ gave Nova a tight lipped smile, "Thank you for the festivity."

"Son of a- are you kidding me?" Novas voice rung as EJ attempted to track her down, looking through back stage for any sight of her, "You little-"

"Nova?" his voice made her pause, "I can't see anything."

A flash of a light made him turn, finding her in the corner with a grin. He smiled back as her, "What are you on the verge of murdering?"

"These stupid lights." Nova said, turning it his way, "It's what is suppose to shine down on Ricky and Ash during their dance scene, but somehow isn't turning on."

EJ jumped when she hit the side of the light violently. His hands shot up to stop her, "Okay, slow your role. Let me look."

Nova backed up, watching EJ step forward and mess around with the light before it was on. In just a matter of ten seconds, he had it working. Smiling her way, he was met with a look of annoyance, "You're a sore loser."

"I am, in fact." Nova pointed out, turning the light toward the direction, "Maybe I need to become a mega nerd, like you, and join robotics."

"You know what? Maybe so." EJ cracked a grin, the cherry necklace still around his neck, "Maybe I could tell you all about it at Slices?"

Nova pulled a face his way, "You wanna go to Slices, today, to talk about robotics?"

"Well, last time we went to slices on Valentine's day you threw that drink at the college guys that were being rude to their waiter." EJ pointed out, rocking on his heels slightly, "I'd love to see that again."

Nova attempted not to smile, "Let's do it."

"I'm just saying." EJ rose his hands in defense, "Madame de la Grande Bouche isn't a huge role and the lines are perfect for you."

"I can barley say Madame de la Grande Bouche." Nova laughed over her banana peppers pizza, "Besides, even if I want to, and I don't, auditions are already over."

EJ hummed as he rose his hands, "Look me, dead in the eye, and tell me you never want to be on stage again and i'll never bring it up again."

Nova opened her mouth, pausing as she sat there for a moment, a sigh escaping her lips.

"I knew it." EJ grinned across the table, taking a bite from his pepperoni.

"It's not that I don't want to, I just can't." Nova shook her head as she leaned on the plaid table cloth, "I'm too emotional, way too emotional and that gets in the way. I blamed what happened last year on Nini when in reality, I brought a lot of that onto myself."

"Your feelings were valid that night, completely. You wanted everything to be perfect because your dream school was watching, it's not your fault." EJ reassured her with gentle eyes, "And what happened after-"

"You mean when I almost died because I was stupid enough to text and drive, while having a literal meltdown?" Nova rose her eyebrows his way.

"Had nothing to do with acting. You were upset because of a school, it wasn't because of the play." EJ finally broke the news to her, the news he tried to tell her since the accident, "You're an incredible actresses, Nova. The way you just continued on after I completely nailed you in the face with that baseball, that was amazing. Accidence happen, car accidents at that. And yeah, it sucks, and I wish I could just wrap you in bubble wrap but I can't. But what I can do is encourage you to follow your dreams and stop being scared of what might happen."

Nova hesitated as she bit at her lip, "What if it happens again?"

"It won't." EJ grabbed her hand across the table, "Because you've learned, and you've grown. Mistakes will always be made, because you're human. But you can ask anyone in this room and they will tell you that you were made to be under those bright lights you have no clue how to work."

Nova gave a chuckle, gripping his hand as her eyes watered slightly, "You're the only person in this entire world that could have said any of that to me."

"The power of being the only person not afraid of Novalie Shaò." EJ gave her a grin as Nova did the same, "You think you're ready?"

Nova's eyes focused behind EJ, Miss Jenn walking into Slices. Her eyes found his blue ones again, "I'm ready."

kylie speaks

shes back, babyyyyy