𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

"You just hang loose for a moment

"You just hang loose for a moment." Miss Jenn giggled at herself, "Play ball."

"What?" Nova asked with a confused expression across her face.

"Nothing." Miss Jenn sighed, encouraging Nova to take a seat while heading over toward Ricky and EJ, "Troy and Chad. Scene forty-five. Let's go."

Nova crossed her legs and watched as EJ and Ricky both took center stage, basketballs in hand, "Yeah, throw your balls at each other!"

Ricky looked over at her with a shocked expression while EJ just shut his eyes with a sigh, clearly use to it by now.

"Okay, lets take it from the top. And remember, these two are best bros. Which is a sacred thing, for reasons I will never understand." Miss Jenn commented as she looked back and forth between the pair, "Ready?"

EJ cleared his throat, "We had a meeting about how we haven't been like a team, Troy. Us. Not you. And the singing thing.."

"I don't wanna talk about it." Ricky cut him off, as Troy.

"We just want you to know that we're going to be there cheering for you." EJ spoke up, reading from the script and taking a step closer.

Ricky hesitated, "Huh?"

Nova squeezed the bridge of her nose.

"Win or loose... we're teammates." EJ spoke, out reaching his fist and punching Ricky in the shoulder, "Even if you turn out to be the worst singer in the world."

"And you're not gonna hear me sing." Ricky announced. Nova liked Ricky, she thought he was a nice guy and had a good voice, but she truly wondered why Miss Jenn had casted him with this acting, "Dudes. Because Gabriella won't even talk to me, and I don't know why."

"Okay!" Miss Jenn announced, sharing a similar look with Nova, "That was okay, but it was a little stiff."

"No kidding." Nova mumbled, leaning back on her elbows and out reaching her legs infront of her.

"Let's loosen up, pass some energy back and forth." Miss Jenn offered with a hum, "Let's use the ball and improvise."

Nova lightly kicked the back of EJs leg, encouraging him to hand her his script. He did, grabbing the basketball on the small bleachers and backing up, "Just say whatever?"

"Chad it up." Miss Jenn giggled at herself again.

"Oh man." Nova sighed, crossing her arms and holding EJ's script in her lap.

"Troy, you're the best player we've got. We're so dang lucky." EJ stated, chunking the ball Rickys way quickly.

Ricky caught it fast with a questionable look, "Wouldn't be anything without you."

It bounced off the ground and went back to EJ.

"The way you pretend to play basketball is inspiring." the Caswell boy spoke again with a very forced smile, throwing if harshly this time instead of bouncing it off the ground.