𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"Can you just, not walk off?" EJ spoke as he held Novas arms with a knowing look, "This is important

"Can you just, not walk off?" EJ spoke as he held Novas arms with a knowing look, "This is important."

Nova avoided making a comment, shrugging her shoulders and waiting for him to go on.

"Okay, so, I feel like I should probably start out with saying sorry but then I thought, no, that would be weird so i'm gonna wait until the end." EJ rambled, Nova leaned on the lockers and waiting for him to go on, "What i'm trying to say, really this time, is that I wasn't who you needed me to be. I did things that I thought was smart but ended up being horrible for not just you but for us. I didn't realize the way I was making you feel and I should have just talked to you instead of acting like a complete idiot to get your attention."

Nova sighed with a nod, "You're serious?"

"Completely." he nodded quickly, letting her shoulders go, "Do you wanna say anything?"

"I know it seemed like I didn't care about, like, anything you ever said. But I did, I do, I mean. I just- never mind, i'm not gonna try and justify how I was." Nova shook her head, avoiding looking at his eyes, "I'm sorry I was the worlds worst girlfriend."

"No, please, telling me." he encouraged her quickly, "I clearly need to hear it too."

Nova looked at him finally, "With my mom, she shows her love in weird ways. That's why I lacked affection and care, because I don't really know how to make that feels normal. I'm getting better, but it's just hard."

"I'm glad you told me that." EJ sighed loudly with a small laugh, "I just thought I wasn't good enough for you."

Nova felt like every bone in her body broke, "I know what you mean."

EJ looked at her before Nova gave a sad smile, moving past him to walk away. Nova made it to the next hallway as she leaned on the lockers again with a long sigh, messing with her fingers as a small whisper came from her mouth, "I wore makeup when we dated cause I thought you'd like me more."

EJ hadn't moved from a few hallways down, how they left things more upsetting and painful then relived and okay again. He leaned on the lockers with a sigh, "Tried so hard to be everything that you liked just for you to say you're not the compliment type."

"And I know how you took your coffee and your favorite songs by heart. I read all your self help books so you'd think I was smart." Nova began again, her head bumping the metal as she looked up, "Stupid, emotional, obsessive little me. I knew from the start this is exactly how you'd leave."

Nova stood to her feet again, in the middle of the dark hallway, "You found someone more exciting. The next second you were gone."

"And you left me there cryin', wondering what I did wrong." EJ sang, moving off the lockers to be in the middle of the empty hallway, "And you always say i'm never satisfied but I don't think that's true. 'Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough for you."

"Yeah, all I ever wanted was to be enough for you." Nova sung, walking in a circle as her head tilted up at the ceiling, "And maybe i'm just not as interesting as the girls you had before."

"But God, you couldn't have cared less about someone you loved you more." EJ sung, a minor laugh of disbelief in his tone, turning and leaning his head on the lockers.

"I'd say you broke my heart but you broke so much more then that." Nova dropped her voice to a lower tone, her forehead leaning on the other side of the lockers, "Now I don't want your sympathy-"

"I just want myself back." the pair sung in sync from opposite hallways, unnoticed by the other.

"Before you found someone more exciting. The next second you were gone." Nova came off the lockers, turning her back to them as her hands raked through her hair.

"You left me there cryin', wondering what I did wrong." EJ sung the line again, coming off the lockers and looking at the exit sign on the wall, "And you always say i'm never satisfied but I don't think that's true."

"Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough for you." their song was in sync again, both heading down the different hallways at the same pace with the other in mind.

"And don't you think I loved you too much to be used and discarded?" Novas voice was up again, her hair pulled back as the exit sign drew her in closer.

"Don't you think I loved you too much to think I deserve nothing?" he sung again, stopping a moment and staring at her locker, approaching it. He pulled it open slightly, knowing the combination, staring at the photo of them from a year ago, "But don't tell me you're sorry."

"Cause someday, i'll be everything to someone else." Nova sung, her feet hadn't stopped yet, nothing was holding her back from the exit, "And they'll think i'm so exciting and you'll be the one crying."

Nova stopped, she stood right in front of the exit sign but stopped immediately when she thought of him crying.

"Yeah, you always say i'm never satisfied but I don't think that's true." EJ was in a whisper now, pulling the two photos of them out of Novas locker and sticking them in his jacket, "You say i'm never satisfied but that's not me, it's you."

Nova backed away from the exit, standing in the main hallway now with a sigh, "Cause all I ever wanted was to be enough."

EJ saw her when he walked out of his own hallway, the exit sign in the corner of his eye but his gaze stuck on her. Nova turned her head, meeting his eye from multiple feet away. Their mouth opened on sync, "But I don't think anything could ever be enough for you."

The pair stared at the other for what felt like decades before Seb came around the corner, "Nova!"

Nova turned to look at him, blinking, "Yeah?"

"Come on, we're making a plan." the blonde boy said quickly. Nova grabbed his hand, looking over her shoulder again to find EJ gone.

kylie speaks

i'm hoping you guys
could picture this in
your heads the way i did
and it doesn't come off
weird and awkward ahha.

anyways, a lot of you were
saying enough for you reminded you or them
so i thought it would be a
good song for them to sing!

anyways, a lot of you weresaying enough for you reminded you or themso i thought it would be agood song for them to sing!