𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭

Nova knew it would bother her in the slightest, but she didn't expect to have such a longing, dull feeling in her chest watching the auditions

Nova knew it would bother her in the slightest, but she didn't expect to have such a longing, dull feeling in her chest watching the auditions. She really did want to be up there, giving it her all, maybe with Seb by her side again. Yet here she was, planted in one of the seats and tapping her foot anxiously. Nova expected everyone to do so well, she hadn't expected perfection in every way possible. All except Ricky, who to put it blunt, really sucked.

"With a dreamy, far off look-" Nova caught herself singing under her breath, Miss Jenns eyes flickered back to her for a second before Nova stopped completely.

Ashlyn completely blew everyone out of the water, and Nova hadn't been so proud in her whole life. She let out a minor whoop on accident, feeling her body heat in embarrassment but give a thumbs up to end it off. And then there was Lily, the pretty blonde from lunch, who had vocals to die for and a natural stage presence. Nova thought she was brilliant, broadway material all wrapped up in one small teenage girl.

"All right, ive already learned so much." Miss Jenn clapped as she stood, Nova staying seated as she crossed her legs and bit on the inside of her mouth, "Thats it for the warm up. Please prepare your individual songs."

Nova gave a tight lipped smile, Miss Jenn walking back over her way, "I have to say it."

"Please don't." Nova begged.

"You should be up there." the blonde woman shook her head, "One little mistake should not define you."

"It's only been two weeks." Nova pointed out, one of EJ's jackets around her arms as she slummed in the chair, "I'm just not completely there yet."

"You aren't were?" EJ spoke as he walked over, "You look cozy."

"Yeah, come join." Nova smiled as he sat down next to her, "How're you feeling?"

"Pretty good, yeah. I mean, I went from not wanting to do the play to wanting one of the leads so.." he gave a cheeky grin, Novas head resting back on the chair to look over at him, "But, you? How do you feel?"

She lied to his face, "Great, yeah. I'll be super good at lights, I think."

"Oh, of course." he nodded his head, arm going around her but so gentle and light, "I still think-"

Ashlyn was the one to save Nova as she spoke up from the stage, "This is an original song I wrote about, nerd-alert, the power of friendship."

Nova turned her head and saw Big Red gazing up at Ashlyn as if she was the only person in the room. It killed Nova in the best way possible, their adoration and love for each other enough to even soften Nova up. She nudged EJ, "He's so crazy about her."

EJ looked at the red haired boy, glancing at Nova again, "Yeah, he is."

"It was originally written as a solo, but then that was wrong, so I wrote it for three people, and we'll be singing for two." Ashlyn explained herself, rocking on her heels slightly with Kourtney by her side.