𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"Oh, my gosh, what happened?" Nini asked in disbelief when the students returned from Thanksgiving break, walking into the theater and finding it burnt to nothing but a few crispy costume designs and stage props

"It's okay. Nobody was hurt." Miss Jenn announced as she walked over.

"Say that to our stage." Nova spoke while looking around the building.

"There was a small fire in the theater over the holiday and the sprinklers did their job." Miss Jenn explained, trying to be enthusiastic about it but it had been clear she was hurt.

"We're almost done in here, just have to finish up in the faculty room next." the firefighters announced as she nodded Miss Jenn way.

"I had my first kiss ever in this theater." Nova sighed as she looked around, "Beauty And The Beast, freshman year, unplanned but worked out fine."

"And our first performance together was right up there." Seb frowned as he put a arm around Nova.

"Unfortunately, the show can not go on." the firefighter spoke again, earning sad sighs and looks of disbelief. Nova held who ever was closest to her, which happened to be Seb and Ashlyn.

"What?" Miss Jenn asked in disbelief.

"Fire ripped through half of your costumes and the sprinklers ruined a bunch of your sets. I'm sorry but i'm gonna have to red tag the entire backstage area for a month at least." she said back to Miss Jenn with as much sympathy as she could afford, though she hadn't seemed like an emotional type.

"Did she just say costumes?" Kourtney asked, pain held within her voice.

"Okay. Okay, listen up." Miss Jenn panicked as she spun around to them once again, "Hug your neighbor, take a moment, and let's reconvene in the cafeteria after school to talk about our options. Ricky and Nini, spread the word."

"Got it, yeah, of course." Nini nodded.

"Ricky?" the blonde asked as she looked the Bowen boys way, his eyes focused down at his phone, "Ricky?"

"Huh? Sorry. After school in the cafeteria. Got it." he nodded quickly and shut his phone off.

As everyone began to walk off, Novas phone gave a ding, hinting she had a email. Seb sensed she'd stopped walking, turning around and finding her staring at her phone, "Nova? You coming?"

His question caught others attention as they looked back at the girl, watching as she looked up from her phone. Her eyes were swelled with salty tears and her lip quivered slightly.

"Nova." EJ said worried as he looked at her, "What happened?"

"I didn't get in." she stated, blinking and making a few of her tears fall, "DePaul... I didn't get in."

"Hey, rockstar." EJ said as he slid into the cafeteria bench after school with Nova. She went home for the rest of the day after denying anyone's hugs when she told them the news. When he saw she showed up after school, he headed over immediately, "How you holding up?"