𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

"Nova, you okay?" Ashlyn whispered as she came up behind her, seeing the faint look of sadness on Novas face

"Ugh, yeah, Ash, of course." Nova gave a forced smile, "The DePaul scout left so.."

"Oh, no, Nova i'm so sorry." Ashlyn said as she put a arm around her, "You did seriously great. No one could pull off Ryan like you."

Nova gave her a half grin, "That I do agree on."

Ashlyn looked out when she heard EJ began to sing for Troy, "He's doing good out there."

"He is." Nova agreed, "He deserves so much better."

"Then Troy?" Ashlyn asked.

Nova hesitated, "Yeah, no, no, I'm sorry, I don't really know what I meant by that."

"If we're tryin' So we're breaking free." EJ sung as he stood before Nini.

"I can't do it, Troy. Not with all these people starting at me." Nini spoke Gabriellas words from the middle of the stage.

"Look at me, Gabby. Right at me." EJ spoke as he kneeled down some and grabbed her arm, "Like the first time we sang together. Like kindergarten, remember?"

Ninis eyes suddenly turned to the door, making the rest turn and find Ricky walking in with Gini close behind. Nova sighed as she looked forward, a small part of her hoping it had bene the scout from DePaul.

"Sorry, Ash." Nova said quietly as she hurried off, pushing through the crowd of extras and her cast mates, making it into the hallway in no time. She pulled her Ryan hat off and threw it down on the ground, leaning on the wall as she inhaled.

Nova was alone, no one around to see her cry. So she did exactly that, cried and rubbed her eyes horribly. She thought about the times her mom told her she'd never get into her dream school, the amount of times she was told she wasn't good enough for it. They echoed off her brain constantly, though sometimes to motivated her, other times it hurt her.

Right now was one of those times she hurt.

We're all in this together was chanted as the play came to a end. Everyone taking their bows one by one. Nova and Seb did theirs together, being carried out and then spun each other. Nova pushed her sadness down for a while to at least show her support for the ones around her. The choreography was cut short when Gina hurried over, pulling Miss Jenn into the middle of the gym floor as Nini gave her a tray with an apple on it.

"Is that the last apple?" she asked, turning to the crowd with a wide smile.

They each grabbed hands, standing side by side before taking their bows down the line. Nova felt proud of her friends, her family, she just wished she didn't have such a dull feeling in her chest. That being said, she hadn't complained when it was time for the cast to escape to the hallway.

"Nova! Hey, V, hang on." EJ called out as he caught up with her. Nova sighed as she turned around to him, "I heard the scout left. I'm really sorry, they're ridiculous."

She gave a tight lipped smile with a long sigh, truly just wanted to be alone in her room somewhere, "Thanks, EJ."

"And about what we said before you ran off. I just want you to know that I-" EJ began before he was cut off.

"I'm sorry for saying all that. I don't know where it came from." Nova cut him off quickly as EJ's face fell, "I was stuck in the heat of the moment and it was ridiculous of me to say. Clearly, we don't do good together as a couple and we just became friends again so-"

Truth be told, Nova wasn't meaning to be so snappy and rude. But she was in pain and she was feeling the most insecure she ever had. The last thing she wanted was to be standing infront of her gorgeous ex and be rejected. So she did it her own way, she stop it before it could hurt her even more.

"Right." EJ said after a second, "That's exactly what I was gonna say actually. Like, why mess up our friendship?"

Nova nodded her head, "Exactly, I-"

She stopped, her heart breaking worse then it had been before. EJ followed her gaze, finding the scout from Yake talking to Nini with a positive look on her face. Novas chest heaved in the slightest as her eyes watered.

"Hey, look-" EJ tried again.

"I'm happy for her." Nova stoped as she blinked quickly, "I'm sorry, EJ. You were amazing out there and you deserve better then me right now."

Nova began to hurry off.

"Nova! Wait!" he called, hurrying out of the lobby. He swung the doors open, catching one last sight of her before she pulled herself into her car and drove off with watery eyes.

Nova drove with one hand as her eyes clouded off tears, rolling down her face as she took deep breaths. She searched for her phone, wanting her dad to know she left and he would need to follow. Nova couldn't find it, taking her eyes off the road as she sobbed, grabbing the small device before looking up again.

A loud honk went through the air, Novas car driving right into the wrong side of traffic and colliding suddenly and all at once.

"Hello?" Alaric asked in the other line as he answered. His face smiling on her phone screen, the shards of glass laying across of it, "Nova? You there?"

But the totaled car, broke wind shield, and unconscious girl didn't say anything back.

kylie speaks

i better not see any
nova slander for this.
she is upset and insecure
about the DePaul scout leaving
even though she did amazing,
the last thing she, who we all
know already lacks affection
and love, is to get rejected
right on top of that.