38 | is hyunjin dead?

Începe de la început

Jimin strolled into the room, halting at a cautious distance from Hyunjin, who lounged on the bed as if it were his own.

"Not a word?" Hyunjin arched a brow, his lips forming a mischievous smirk. "Last time in your room, you were shouting at me to leave. What's the deal now? Changed your mind, or..." He paused, leaning forward while staying put on the bed. "Are you worried I'll share that video of you and Taehyung making out with my stepbrother for some entertainment?"

Suppressing the primal urge to engage in a face-punching contest, Jimin mastered the art of maintaining a poker face.

"Well, I must say," Hyunjin paused, a sly grin forming on his face. "You're playing your cards right. Treat me well, and I might just return the favor."

Jimin clenched his teeth in frustration.

"See what I'm getting at?" Hyunjin smirked once more. "So, what's your move?"

"Listen, Hyunjin," Jimin seethed with anger and trembled with fear simultaneously. "Y-you need to understand, what you're doing is dead wrong. You could end up in jail for blackmailing me. J-just stop this nonsense and let's start anew. I promise to treat you well and-"

Hyunjin scoffed, "Oh, spare me the drama. I've already laid it out for you, Jimin. I don't enjoy repeating myself. And I couldn't care less about the consequences. I want what I want, no matter if it lands me behind bars or worse. Remember, I don't forget people. What went down five years ago? I remember it all. Your so-called 'hyung' tried to outsmart me. I'll settle that score by... having you.

"Y-you," Jimin stuttered, meeting Hyunjin's gaze. "You're disgusting!"

Hyunjin's lips curled into a smirk. "So, what's your answer? I don't have all day for this nonsense, so just spit it out." He spat out the words. Jimin's fists clenched at his sides, his gaze shifting downwards, though he couldn't focus due to the knot in his stomach. "I keep asking because, obviously, I don't want to be labeled as a rapist."

Jimin fought the urge to laugh at that statement.

"I'll only do things with your supposed consent," Hyunjin said, pulling out his cellphone and fiddling with it absentmindedly. "Even if that consent is forced. I still won't be seen as a rapist, will I?" He shot a smirk at Jimin, who furrowed his brows in utter disbelief.

"And I will not take 'no' for an answer. So you better hurry up, Jiminie," Hyunjin murmured, showing his phone to Jimin. "Or you know what I can do."

What on earth? He didn't want to be a rapist, yet he was forcing an omega into having sex with him? What kind of messed-up situation is this? Jimin wanted to scream, "You're a rapist!" But he knew he shouldn't. He had to make careful decisions.

Regret gnawed at him for not informing Taehyung about Hyunjin. The beta wasn't prepared to disclose everything to Jungkook. He didn't know when that would happen. So, if he wanted things to be alright, he had to sacrifice himself. He had to wait for the beta to be ready before revealing anything to Jungkook or letting the alpha know. Jimin nodded, concealing his thoughts.

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow, indirectly urging him to speak up.

Jimin sighed, "Yes."

Hyunjin's lips curved into the widest smirk as he placed his phone beside him on the bed. "Good boy," he whispered, spreading his legs wider. "You know what to do?" The Alpha gestured towards his own pants, hinting to Jimin, who nodded in understanding.