Chapter 5: Punishment.

Start from the beginning

Oh hell no he's bringing in a person I don't even know. What kind of disrespectful child is he even— that's literally your aunt! You're disrespecting your mom's sister!

I glared at him as I clenched my fists to my side. He saw it and gave me a disgusting smile, "Mad? Oh no! Who can you tell it to? No mommy or daddy dearest to vent on! What a shame? Gonna cry? Loser."

This is what I have to deal with Every time I get home. Lenard also couldn't handle it anymore and tried to stop his brother, "That's enough... Come on, Lucas. Mother should be waiting for us for dinner." (Lenard)

Lucas scoffs and pushes his brother aside. "Whatever loser."

That kid has some serious issues. I sighed and glanced back at Lenard who looked at me with concern, "Are you okay, Kein?"

He walked towards me, he saw the new fresh red marks on my arms and legs. I rolled down my sleeve forgetting to cover it. "I should be fine in a day or two." I told Lenard reassuringly.

Lenard frowns, "The head maid really has it out for you... I think mother ordered her to do it. I'm sorry. I can't do anything to stop it- but maybe I can lessen it? I'll go talk to the head maid!" he looks down, unable to meet me but I just smile.

This won't be enough to break me literally. Back on earth my childhood was way worse than this, I'm glad there's food and shelter here because back then I didn't have that kind of privilege.

"It's okay at least I have you Lenard. So I'll be fine. How about you? Lucas pushed you pretty hard back there." I eyed his shoulder which Lenard pats and laughs.

"I can take a little push if you can take a lot of painful hits with sticks. Those looked like it hurt." (Lenard)

I couldn't help but laugh too, "You got guts."

Lenard scratches his neck and blushes, "Um... thank you."

He's definitely still not used to flattery but it's fine. "Not to worry cousin. Things will surely be better in years to come!" I exclaimed as I grabbed him by the waist and dramatically posed with my right hand balled into a fist and raised up.

"Eheh... I hope so." (Lenard)

I ignore the sting in my body as I try to walk again, "Well you can't be late, Lenard. Who knows what Aunt Haren will do if she sees you talking with me."

Lenard nodded in understanding as he walked with haste, "I'll meet you tomorrow at our secret place."

I got the message and left it in my closet. Still cramped as always as I awkwardly got in. I searched for my box and found the healing ointment— slowly running out. Well fuck— I got too absorbed by that art shop that I forgot the most important thing!

Healing ointment and bandages.

I groaned. Looks like I'll be dealing with minor stings and pains over the days. It won't heal as fast as before if I don't have it. I'm afraid some of the wounds might get infected so for now I just treated it with alcohol and let it dry.