30. Interruption

I said it as if it were obvious but he only glared at me, "Stop being so childish."

I rolled my eyes before reaching down once more, "Liven up, Riddle. Life needs a bit of laughter."

I could tell that some members were trying not to laugh while others were only disgusted with what I was saying to their precious leader.

Quickly wrapping my fingers around both wands in my right boot, I felt the tip of the Elder Wand and released it pulling out my own, holding it before him. His eyes widened as he made an attempt to grab my wand only for me to hold up my other hand restricting him from moving any closer.

"That is the Death Wand. How have you acquired this?"

I twirled the wand around my fingers as he growled trying to move closer, "I got it just as every other witch or wizard got theirs. A trip to Ollivander's is nothing but short work."

"Impossible, the Death Wand was made for that of the Dementor Holder. It's powers are limitless and you would never imagine its abilities."

I smirked and stood up before him, "This wand, this 'Death Wand' was made for me the day I was born. I am that of the Dementor Holder."

I replied in a jokingly eery voice waving my wand before him. He watched me unamused before speaking once more, "This will surely destroy the boy. This wand is that of even greater magic than the one I seek. Might I?"

I laughed in his face before putting my wand back in its place, "That's not going to happen, try someone else."

He growled and his face contorted with anger, "You dare to defy me."

I folded my arms and leaned against the table, "Umm, yes, I do. Deal. With. It." My voice was low and venomous as he took a slight step back before giving me a curt nod, continuing with his goal.

"Never mind you then, what about you Lucius?

Riddle turned and soon stood behind Mr. Malfoy as I took my seat beside Draco, who was nervously watching his father.

"My lord?"

Mr. Malfoy looked up at the scaly man, only to be mocked, "'My lord?' I require your wand."

He reached out his arm as Mr. Malfoy slowly removed his wand from its holding, handing it to Riddle.

"Do I detect elm?"

Mr. Malfoy lowered his head, afraid almost, "Yes, my lord."

Riddle held the wand before him snapping off the snake-head handle, tossing it onto the table before speaking again, "And the core?"

"Dragon, ahem. Dragon Heartstring, my lord."

"Dragon Heartstring?"

Mr. Malfoy gave a hum of agreement before Riddle went silent, before slowly hovering the woman across the table.

Miss Burbage.

"To those of you who are unaware, we are joined tonight by Miss Charity Burbage, who, until recently, taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her specialty was Muggle Studies."

I scoffed followed by Bellatrix before I watched as Nagini followed behind Riddle, only to stop at my feet.

There was a scatter of laughs as Riddle continued, "It is Miss Burbage's belief that muggles are not so different from us. She would, given her way... have us mate with them."

Again a scatter of disgusted noises and mocking laughs filled the room.

"To her, the mixture of magical and muggle blood is not an abomination, but something to be encouraged."

I scowled and muttered under my breath, "Well, obviously she's very wrong."

Riddle looked at me and nodded in agreement before the former professor spoke up.

"Severus. Severus, please." I made another quick eye contact with Snape as we both remembered the words Dumbledore last said.

"We- we're friends."

Whilst the other Death Eaters watched in anticipation, Draco, in instinct grabbed my free hand.

I lowered my head to look at our hands, only to lift my eyes and look at him. I held a stern look before, I lifted my hand, and with a swift move, I snapped her neck looking nowhere near her.

Riddle dropped his hand amused but somewhat frightened, I could see it in his eyes.

I shook my head and chuckled as I leaned forward before Riddle who looked at me, "Always an interruption. Why must you interrupt me?" I made a mocking face at him before leaving a gentle knock on the table.

"I'm going to leave now. I'll be back but you as my equal need to listen, I'm leaving, you can't stop me." He stood from his chair and stared me down but I only folded my arms.

"Fine. But don't go far, I need you for a trip soon to come," he smirked and laughed before I rolled my eyes.

I stood and grabbed Bellatrix's arm as I passed her, dragging her out of the hall.

The last words heard from the hall sent a shiver down Bellatrix's spine, "Nagini. Dinner."

As we left, there were no protests from Riddle as I dragged his beloved Death Eater out, only the slight struggle from Bellatrix herself, "Let go of-"

I dropped her arm and shut the doors behind me as the foyer lit up again followed by a clap of thunder before I apparated us away.

The tube-like feeling overtook our bodies and we were soon standing in a field of grass no longer under the thundering skies.

"Scarlett!" Bellatrix threw her hands down behind her as she smirked at me from the ground, "Not so hard next time!"

I scoffed and turned to her snickering, "Calm down, Bella. There won't be a next time. Now, do you remember the plan?"

"Huh?" she thought for a moment before nodding and finding her ground as she smoothed out her torn skirt, "Oh, yes, of course, right. Let's get started, shall we?"

(*** possible tw: cutting***)

I nodded and smirked before picking up a small stone from the soil. I hovered the sharp edge over my arm and slowly pressed down, dragging the dagger-like stone against my skin. From the edge was blood drawn from my veins as it flowed down my arm.

I made no flinch as the rock's blade separated my skin, as the red substance oozed out into the cold air. Biting the inside of my cheek gently, I could see Bellatrix was beaming with sadistic joy.

From the pain grew the black veins that I had once fought so hard to hide were starting to show but I cast the spell once more, hiding it as well as I could. All that was seen was the gruesome streams of blood that covered my arms.

I grabbed the bottom of my shirt and tore it before rubbing some dirt on my face. I picked up the rock once more and made a few cuts into the skin on my face.

(***over***)

Roughing up my hair a bit I undid one of my boots.

Dropping the stone on the ground, I grew afraid and took off in a heated race for trust.

"HELP!"