2. Mad Times

"There she is." I moved over still holding onto the frame of my mother and Snape, as Harry and Slughorn walked over towards me, "Right at the front."

"All mine, each and every one of them," I turned and looked at him confused, "Ex-students, I mean." He then furrowed his eyebrows as he turned to me, "Who might you be?"

"Scarlett, sir, Scarlett Grindelwald." His eyes widened and he looked at the frame in my hand.

"Your mother, Hope Duval am I correct?"

"Yes, sir. I never knew that she went to Hogwarts, only Beaxbatons."

"Yes, your mother was extraordinary, very smart and clever. She, however, had her moments, and in the end-"

I placed the frame back down on the desk with a thud and met his eyes, "In the end, she got herself killed. Nothing to it."

"Yes, but she-"

"Could we stop talking about my mother?"

Harry looked at me confused but Slughorn nodded and gave me a somber look, before continuing.

"Of course, I apologize. What about you're father, Orion Grindelwald, elder brother to Gellert Grindelwald himself. How is your uncle?"

"My father is also dead, as for my uncle, well he got himself landed in Nurmengard. Not much to care about." I scowled and took a seat once more on the couch as the man turned to Harry.

" I scowled and took a seat once more on the couch as the man turned to Harry

"Is she always like this? That mean and scary?"

I glared at the man and turned to Harry, who chuckled a bit upon the man's wording, "Sir, she's the scariest person I know. But she has her moments, she's quite different is all. But top of every class, and powerful."

"Ahh, I see. It would have been wonderful to teach students such as yourself. But alas, my days of teaching are over."

I knew what had to be done, so I stood and looked at the man, faking sincerity, "But, sir, if you love it so much, why not do it again? You'd be safe from the death eaters at Hogwarts."

He thought about it while Harry looked at me confused as he tried to work something out.

"Horace!" We all turned to see Dumbledore now returned from his business, holding some sort of quibbler perhaps like the one's that the Lovegoods write, "Do you mind if I take these?"

I kept quiet and walked up behind Harry pushing him towards Dumbledore.

"I do love knitting patterns."

"Yes, of course. But you're not leaving, are you?"

"I think I know a lost cause when I see one. Regrettable. I would have considered it a personal triumph, had you consented to return to Hogwarts. Oh, well. You're like my friend Mister Potter here, one of a kind. And like Miss Grindelwald, hard to get a hold of. Well, bye-bye, Horace."