21. Sectumsempra

Draco's POV ~

Making my way to the Room of Requirement, I had to make sure the cabinet was safe, otherwise, it'd be my head and my life.

This time I brought in a bird, placing it in the cabinet closing the doors. I waited and soon the bird was gone when I checked.

I waited a while more before hearing another click from the cabinet. When I opened the doors, there it was, only it wasn't moving. Dead.

I backed away from the closet as a tear raced down my cheek, followed by many more. I eventually fell asleep there on a nearby couch.

How could I kill someone? It would make me a murderer. Scarlett would hate me, I couldn't lose her either.

I cried myself to sleep that night before waking up to a cold touch.

Scar's POV ~

"Draco~" I whispered as he woke up to my touch, "Morning."

He sat up and took off his robe leaving only the white shirt and vest. I interlocked our fingers and apparated us outside the Great Hall. I walked in quietly as I noticed something, stopping us.

"What's wrong, Scar?"

"Katie Bell."

"She's back?" He turned to me worried as I watched Harry confront her.

"I- I have to go..."

"No, Draco. Wait." I immediately caught Bella's eyes as she nervously stood up walking to me and Draco.

"You don't think?"

"Bella, we have to go. Draco, you need to leave." I grabbed Bella's hand and pulled her out of the hall as Draco followed, trailed by Harry.

I pulled Bella up the stairs before apparating us to my room. I quickly pulled out the map and saw that Draco, however, was now trying to get rid of Harry.

Draco was moving fast but Harry was moving faster. He turned into the bathroom where Moaning Myrtle stayed and stood there.

"Bella, stay here!" She nodded as I apparated to Draco who was crying over the sink, taking off his vest.

"Draco, hey, hey. It's going to be okay."

"Scar, I can't do it. I just, I can't..." He leaned over the sink as I rubbed his back before pulling him into a hug. I let go and he turned to see who had entered, Harry.

"I know what you did, Malfoy. You hexed her, didn't you?"

"No, I didn't. I wouldn't hurt anyone."

"I know it was you!"

Draco raised his wand sending spells at Harry, who dodged them reaching for his own wand.

"Draco! Please!" I went to grab his arm but he threw me down in a fit of anger towards Harry.

I scowled and regain my stance only to jump out of the way of spells myself.

Harry shot a spell at the sink bursting the pipe, spilling water everywhere as Draco countered it with another spell hitting the mirror.

"Boys! Stop!"

It was too late, however, as they both used spells they never thought they would.

"Cru-"

"Sectumsempra!" I snapped my head only to see Draco be thrown back into the water.

"NO!" I knelt down beside him, soon enough, Moaning Myrtle had come out to see what had happened.

"MURDER! MURDER IN THE BATHROOMS! MURDER!"

"Elizabeth! Please, get help!" She nodded going silently as she quickly flew away.

Harry stood tense, unaware of what the spell did. I ignored him and grabbed my wand shaking as I held Draco in my lap, "Vulnera Sanentur, Vulnera Sanentur, Vulnera Sanentur."

The spell was working as the blood that had spilled out of Draco had begun to return to his body. I kept a strong demeanor as I held Draco gently before getting up and turning to Harry.

"You did this! How could you!"

He backed up as I held him at wand point, "You lied. You knew exactly what that spell was, you lied to me! It was your cousin, wasn't it?"

"I don't care, it was for your own good! You could have killed him! Get out."

"Scarlett, I-"

"Get. Out." My voice dropped, dripping with venom as he backed away almost running into Snape who had just arrived.

"Severus, help me. Please."

He nodded and helped me carry Draco to the hospital wing as Madam Pomfrey rushed to get as many things as possible to relieve the pain.

Snape pulled me aside and questioned me, "Why aren't you healing him? You know the spell."

"I do, and I can't bear seeing him hurt. But I have to leave him like this. He'll be on bed rest for at least two weeks or so. Don't worry though, I'll do it when the time comes."

Snape sighed but didn't object as I returned to Draco's side. He was unresponsive as he laid on the bed, eyes closed, steady heartbeat. I groaned and laid my head down from where I was sitting, as I held his right hand.

"Please, Draco, I know it'll hurt, but I can't lose you. You have to fight for me. Please." A tear fell down my cheek before I wiped it away, "I need you."

I had fallen asleep in the chair with my head rested by his hand as I held it gently. Throughout the days, I had returned the minute classes had ended.

I made sure the cabinet was still working perfectly and prepared everything.

Harry was ignoring me and Bella would keep me company while waiting for Draco to wake up. However, on the second day, Narcissa had visited.

Only not just for Draco.