8. Slughorn

Waking up we both got ready and situated as we made our way to Potions, despite the complaints of Draco. The halls were crowded but I quickly pushed Draco into the classroom as I followed him in.

"Welcome, welcome! I'm Professor Slughorn, your new Potions Master. Now, enough introduction, let's just begin!"

I leaned against the pillar as did Draco as we listened to the professor while he spoke.

"Attention to detail in the preparation is the prerequisite of all planning-" Just as he was going to continue, Harry and Ron walked into the class.

Slughorn turned around a smiled as he motioned for Harry to move closer.

"Ah, Harry, my boy, I was beginning to worry. And we've brought someone with us, I see."

Ron stepped forward, "Ron Weasley, sir. But I'm dead awful at Potions, a menace, actually."

I rolled my eyes and caught sight of another Gryffindor fawning over Ron as Granger looked worriedly between the two.

"So, I'm probably just gonna-" Ron tried to walk back out only to be blocked by Harry and interrupted.

"Nonsense, any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Get your books out."

"Sorry, sir, I haven't actually got my book yet, and nor has Ron."

He nodded and pointed to one of the cupboards, "Don't worry, get what you want from the cupboard."

They both sighed and turned to grab their books as the professor turned back to us.

"Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?"

Granger immediately stuck her hand up, "Yes, Miss..?"

"Granger, sir." She walked up to the potions on the table and pointed at each one before answering.

"That one there is Veritaserum

"That one there is Veritaserum. It's a truth-telling serum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion, it's terribly tricky to make." I scoffed at this which turned her attention to me.

"Sorry, a- a cough," I whispered and the professor shook his head while Draco elbowed me and smirked before I rolled my eyes at him.

"No, no worries. Why don't you continue Miss Grindelwald?"

I shot my head up and groaned softly before I nodded, walking up as Granger returned to her spot.

I looked into the last potion and rolled my eyes, "This sir is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion in the world. However, it doesn't create real love more of just an obsession. And it's said to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them."

"Yes, easily spotted by?"

"Easily spotted by its mother of pearl sheen and the little spirals that rise up."