24. The Chimes

(I like this song :))

I paced the hall before the Room of Requirement, and I waited for the time to be right.

Dumbledore had asked me again to accompany him and Harry, but I knew I couldn't. So, I waited for the bell to strike its twelfth chime before I took my cue.

~*~

I couldn't let Draco do this, it would destroy him.

~*~

I can't believe Riddle lied to me.

~*~

This isn't my first time, why is this so hard.

~*~

You're overthinking this, don't think, just do.

~*~

They'll never see it coming.

~*~

I stopped and faced the closet. I held my hands against the doors and performed the spell one last time.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus."

I smirked, turning, leaving the room but only just before I heard the cackles of none other than Bellatrix Lestrange.

~*~

In quick strides, I made my way to the Astronomy Tower and sat down, watching the stars, contemplating everything.

~*~

I listened silently before standing over the railing to look over the school. The moon was full and standing high in the sky. I leaned over the edge and let out a sigh of stress as I then sat over the ledge.

~*~

Draco's POV ~

There was another chime of the bell and a strike of pain in my side. It was to happen today and I needed to get out of here. I couldn't let Scarlett do this herself.

~*~

I sat up in the hospital bed looking around for Scarlett, but she was gone. Everett was laying comfortably on my lap but no one else was there.

I placed Everett on my shoulders and threw my legs over the edge trying to ignore the pain that was growing as I made my way to my room.

I quickly changed into an acceptable suit and grabbed the small bag that Scarlett had charmed. I placed Everett and his cage into the bag before making my way to the Room of Requirement.

~*~

Opening the doors, I was only shocked.

"Hello, love. I heard quidditch was going well, anyways, don't you have a job to do?" My aunt laughed and pushed me out of the room following me up the stairs to the Astronomy Tower with her helpers from a distance.

~*~

That was the last chime.

There was a crack of apparation in the air. Shutting the door behind me, I followed the stairs to the top coming face to face with Dumbledore.

And Scarlett.

Scar's POV ~

The last chime was soon to strike so I quickly stood and hid behind a wall as Dumbledore and Harry returned.