13. How Peculiar

After requiring everything we needed from Honeydukes the three of us made our way to The Three Broomsticks.

I walked in after the guys as I noticed Bella walking into the restroom with the package, after a young girl I didn't yet recognize.

Draco pulled out a seat behind the staircase but I refused and walked to the bar instead of taking a seat. The boys were confused but followed nonetheless as Madam Rosmerta got us our usual orders.

Two Butterbeers with sprinkled cinnamon for Draco and me, followed by a plain one for Blaise.

I stood from my chair and grabbed Draco's hand quickly pulling him under the staircase, where we were alone.

"What are we doing, Scar?"

I smiled at him and held my hand to his cheek, "I'm sorry."

"What do you-"

"Imperio," his eyes fell over glassed and his expression became one of nothing, "Draco Malfoy, do your task."

He stood motionless as I dropped my hand watching as he became tensed for a moment before he left towards the bathrooms.

I sighed and returned to my seat before Blaise started up a conversation with me.

I peered at the bathroom ignoring the conversation, as I then saw Draco walking back towards us, taking his seat beside me. Soon enough, Bella was walking out without the package she had before. She walked towards us, taking the other seat beside me.

Smirking.

"Your welcome

"Your welcome." She whispered into my ear as she called over Madam Rosmerta, "Butterbeer with infused cinnamon, pure peppermint and nutmeg."

"Oh, but dear, those don't really go together."

"I don't care, I like the burn as it goes down my throat."

The lady standing before us widened her eyes as she eyed Bella curiously.

"How peculiar. I once knew a witch who had that order and surprisingly the same response. You don't happen to be related to Bellatrix Lestrange, do you?"

I choked on my drink as I set it down, "Madam Rosmerta, this is my cousin. She just transferred from Beaxbatons."

"Oh.. my bad, lovely to meet you. I'll get your drink."

I nodded and turned to Bella giving her a stern look, "Stop."

"Scarlett, everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah. Everything is fine Draco Malfoy."

He nodded and perked up as his eyes became his usual storm-grey and his mind was filled with something to say but got interrupted by the arrival of the newest professor.

"Miss Grindelwald, dear," I waved and smiled, confused as he seemed more excited than normal.

"Oh, wonderful to see you, sir."