Torn||79

The room goes silent and everyone leaves. I stayed in the room with Wanda and she broke the silence first. "Are you still torn?" 

"Yeah, this is going to end in a civil war." 

"Are you going to sign?" 

"I think so, I'm not sure, I'm with Cap on this, more than Tony but-" 

"It's the retiring part that's making you stuck." I look at her and shake my head yes.

"Three days, before we have to make a decision. And I know it's not important at the moment with everything going on but I wanted to tell you something." She turns to me with confusion and worry on her face. Why do I always start conversations like that? I need to work on people skills. 

"Is everything ok?" 

"Ok first, I have a new power, I can teleport." Wanda smiles and playfully slaps my arm "Stop bragging about your powers" she said laughing.

"And, I had a childhood with Peter, somehow neither of us knew we grew up together until I was taken by the people, I thought were my parents." 

"Y/n, that's amazing, I mean not you getting taken part but the part about Peter." I laugh at her concern that she thought she meant something else, and I couldn't help but kiss her. "Wait how did you realize?" 

"Well Peter was heading out to see his Aunt, which is also my Aunt, and we went there, and she immediately recognized me and told me about my childhood." 

"That's sweet." We head to the main room and sit on the couch.

I lost track of the time and noticed Nat, Steve, and Sam are gone and left the compound. Nat told me she was going to Vienna. Tony, Rhodes, and Vision had already signed the accords. Wanda was still not sure, same with me. I wanted to sign, not because I'm on Tony's side but because it's the safe side, if I sign I know nothing bad will happen to me. If we don't what do we become?

"Thoughts are loud babe" I look down at Wanda who's cuddling into my chest. "Sorry, just thinking of all the possibilities." "Yeah" It got quiet again, I decided to turn on the Tv to the news just to see what was going on and saw that a building had exploded in Vienna where Nat was.

"Wands, Nat was in that building." We both get up worried for her. Wanda called her but there was no answer. I tried calling her but she didn't answer again. Nobody was answering there phones until Wandas phone rang 3 minutes later. "Hello?" Wanda asked. I couldn't focus on the voice but I was assuming it was Nat saying she was alright.

Wanda hung up "She's alright, but she had to go she was getting a call from Steve too." "Ok that's good." Wanda and I both look at the news again. 

"More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations." The News anchor said on the Tv. 

"Oh God." I said to myself, "He's The Winter Solider again." Wanda added.

I get a call from Tony and quickly answer "Hey Tony," I said "Hey, do me a favor and make sure Maximoff doesn't leave the building." I walk out the room so I could talk to Tony in private.

"What? Why?" 

"It's for her own safety so we can keep people safe." 

"Tony, I care about you I really do, back what you're asking me to do." 

"Y/n please. I care about you and Wanda and I know you want to sign the accords, you may not have said it but I know you do. I know Wanda isn't dangerous, but the world thinks otherwise. Vision will be staying with you guys." 

"Where are you going?" 

"Bucky's been captured, Steve found him, we're going to him." 

"I need to come, just to check on him." 

Tony sighs, "Fine I'll send you the coordinates." He ends the call.

I walk back out into the room with Wanda, "Hey, I got to go, I'll be back though, soon." I sigh before I say his name "Vision will stay with you if you need anything." Wanda notices my annoyance with Vision and laughs. 

I give her a kiss "I love you" She said, "I love you too." I head out the door and look at the coordinates Tony gave me and teleported there.

"How the hell did you do that?" Tony asked when I got there. "Long story, new powers, same cycle." "Well, are you going to sign?" He asked. 

I looked around, I saw Steve and Sam in the room. I let out a sigh before saying anything "Yeah" I grabbed a pen that was on the table and signed the accords, I could feel the stare Steve was giving me. Quietly I was torn. While Tony and Steve continued their conversation.

"Sure. Once we put out the PR fire, those documents can be amended. I'd file a motion to have you and Wanda reinstated . . ." Tony started.

"Wanda? What about Wanda?"

"She's fine. She's confined to the compound, currently. Vision's keeping her company."

"Oh God, Tony! Every time. Every time I think you see things the right way . . ." I look up at Steve, I never realized that he cared for Wanda, how they both cared. Clint probably cared the most because ever since that thing with Pietro he became a mentor for her to look up to.

"What? It's 100 acres with a lap pool. It's got a screening room. There's worse ways to protect people."

"Protection? Is that how you see this? This is protection? It's internment, Tony."

"She's not a US citizen."

"Oh, come on, Tony."

"And they don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction."

"She's a kid!"

"Give me a break! I'm doing what has to be done . . . to stave off something worse."

"Keep telling yourself that." He put the pen down that I assume Tony gave him before I came before speaking again "Hate to break up the set." 

Steve looks at me but I stay quiet. I know what he's thinking without me even having to read his mind. He can't believe that I'm going against Wanda.