Alternate Ending Part 1

It's over Tomura"

Shigaraki's face twisted into an evil grin. 

"You're right.  It is over"

He whistled as Dabi shot a small fireball from his mouth from across the room.  Bakugo immediately set off an explosion right in his face knocking him out but it was too late.  Kamanari was forced to take his hands off of Shigaraki to dodge giving the villain an opportunity to strike.  With lightning speed he reached out and grabbed Kamanari, securing all five fingers around his wrist. Kamanari closed his eyes, bracing for the disintegration but nothing happened. Shigaraki looked down at his hands in confusion.

"What the hell?"

Todoroki froze him a second later encasing the villain in a prison of ice.

"HOW ARE YOU NOT DYING!"

Shigaraki screamed as he struggled in vain against the ice.

"I will not let you harm my students"

Aizawa muttered from across the room, his red eyes glowing, making his hair stand up on end.

"Eraserhead. I should've known"

Shigaraki snarled as made one more desperate attempt to escape.

"I'll kill you! I'll kill all of-"

Kamanari clocked him with a vicious right hook putting him to sleep. He slowly turned toward the rest of his classmates who had all recuperated after the battle had ended. They stared at him blankly, no emotion on any of their faces.  Kamanari looked down at the ground, unable to look them in the eyes after everything he did to them.

"I know talk is cheap, but I hope my actions today have shown how deeply truly sorry I am.  I know I don't deserve forgiveness and you probably don't want to see me again but I just want you to know that you guys have been the best friends I've ever had.  Hell you're the only friends I've ever had.  You guys made me completely reevaluate my life and my values, showing me a whole new perspective on what it means to be a hero.  You guys are incredible and you're going to grow up to be amazing pros I have no doubt.  I don't want to be a villain anymore but after everything I've done...."

He struggled to keep his composure as continued on. 

"I just don't think I can live with myself anymore.  I don't have anywhere else to go and no one left in this world who cares about me"

Kamanari felt a finger lift his chin up.  Jirou was smiling at him before she closed her eyes and leaned in.  He was caught like a deer in headlights, unable to process the fact that she was kissing him.  After everything he did.  After all the lies and deception, she was still here.  He closed his eyes and pulled her in closer. All the pain and worry that was inside of him left as she kissed him, replaced with happiness and love. 

"I care about you dummy"

She laughed as she pulled away, keeping her arms wrapped around his neck.

"You did betray us, and while that still stings, you did save us in the end.  Look around! We're only alive because you chose to do the right thing and stand up against evil.  You're a true hero Kamanari.  Don't you ever forget that"

Kirishima walked over and lightly punched his friend in the shoulder. 

"No matter what happens you'll still have us.  Like I said earlier, we're a family now"

Ashido added, joining them as she pulled everyone in for a group hug.  The rest of the class followed suit, well everyone except Bakugo.  But even he could recognize the sacrifices Kamanari made for them, and how the boy really saved them all.