Chapter 16: Rehersal

"Wakey wakey"

Kamanari awoke to find Ashido standing over him, hands on hips while smiling mischievously. He tried to sit up and rub his eyes but there was something holding him down. He looked over and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. Jirou was resting her head on his shoulder, snoring peacefully as she held his left arm. His right arm still held the guitar. Kamanari began blushing furiously as he realized the intimate position they were in, and how his classmates would undoubtedly react.

"Well well well what do we have here"

Ashido snickered trying to suppress her laughter. Jirou stirred and slowly opened her eyes. She immediately jumped up to her feet and yanked her guitar out of Kamanari's hands.

"I knew you guys were a thing!"

Hagakure shouted pumping an invisible fist up and down.

"No no no no no no it's not what it looks like"

Jirou stammered, her face turning as red as Kamanari's. Although a small part of her secretly wished that it was.

"Awwwww you guys look so cute together!"

Uraraka said as she quickly glanced over at Deku, imagining herself in the exact same position with him.

"Please stop. We are NOT together"

He said defiantly. Jirou nodded in agreement, but her heart sank just a little at how adamant he was about them not being a couple.

"Yeah we were just writing the song for the school festival late last night and ended up falling asleep on the couch"

Jirou added, trying to save face.

"I'm not buying it. You two are definitely hiding something. Look at your faces"

Ashido said crossing her arms while tapping her foot.

"Oi earphones. You said the song is ready?"

Bakugo grunted as he came marching down the stairs.

"Yes! Yes it is"

Jirou exclaimed, relived that the conversation had switched topics from her apparent "crush" on Kamanari.

"Then where the hell is everybody! We need to rehearse"

Bakugo said is normal angry voice.

"Wait, like right now?"

Jirou asked confused.

"Yeah man it's 8:00 on a Saturday let's relax for a bi-"

Kamanari gulped as Bakugo spun around and yanked him up by the collar.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO PLAY AS A COORDINATED GROUP? EVEN IF JUST ONE OF YOU EXTRAS PLAYS ONE GODDAMN NOTE OUT OF TEMPO THEN THE WHOLE THING WILL SOUND LIKE SHIT AND IM NOT ABOUT TO PLAY SHITTY ASS MUSIC IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE GODDAMN SCHOOL"

Bakugo screamed into Kamanari's face before dragging him and Jirou up the stairs.

"Wait we still have to find out if they're secretly dating or not!"

Ashido protested.

"They aren't dating but they are in love with each other. Now leave us alone raccoon eyes we have work to do"

Bakugo snapped without even looking back. A few minutes later, everyone was back in the common room with all the instruments assembled. Jirou brought down her drum set for Bakugo and her keyboard for Yaoyorozu while Tokoyami brought down his Ibanez EX-140 all black 7 string super strat.