Prologue

It was a warm summer evening. The sun had just dipped below the horizon casting an eerie glow over the city. Not that many people were out this evening. The streets began to vacate as the light faded into darkness. A young boy and his family depart the local cinema and begin their journey back home.

"So did you like the movie son?"

His mother asked.

"I loved it! The Avengers are so cool! Someday I'm gonna grow up and be a hero just like them!"

He shouted as he raised his fist in the air.

"Well if you work hard enough, maybe you'll get into UA and your mother and I can watch you on TV"

His father chuckled. The little boy happily skipped along the sidewalk, both his parents on either side holding his hands and swinging him back and forth. A loud boom of thunder echoed across the empty streets as rain began to poor down.

"C'mon guys lets get moving"

The father shouted as he started to run, pulling his family with one arm and raising the other above his head to shield himself from the rain. After a few more blocks he ushered them down a dark alleyway. It had always been their shortcut to get back to their apartment for years.

"C'mon guys just a little bit further"

He shouted. The storm had picked up significantly and you could barely hear anything over the sound of thousands of raindrops splashing across the pavement.

"Well well what do we have here"

An ominous voice chuckled from the darkness. Through the dim light of a street lamp, the boy could barely make out a tall figure dressed in a long black trench coat. A bolt of lightning revealed his hideously scarred face and menacing smile. His father dashed in front of the family raising his arms to protect them as they slowly backed away.

"And just where do you think you're going?"

They spun around to reveal a large muscular man who guarded the exit, also wearing a black trench coat. He had a fedora on top of his bald head and a cigar burning in his mouth.

"Please we don't want any trouble"

The father pleaded. His wife gripping his sleeve while holding her son close.

"Well we do"

The tall figure laughed as he pulled a knife from his coat as the big man cracked his knuckles and tossed away his cigar.

"Okay okay here take what you want just don't hurt us"

The father sputtered as he tossed his wallet and his wife's purse in front of the tall man, but that didn't stop the figures from advancing.

"Thank you for your kind donation, but we require a different kind of payment. One in blood"

He plunged his knife deep into the heart of the father. He collapsed to the ground, his shirt stained red with blood. At the same time the big man picked up the mother by the throat and slammed her into the ground. She lay motionless on the pavement, her eyes still open as blood began to seep from her head. The boy fell on his butt, frozen in fear. He was too scared to cry. The two figures turned towards him and began to slowly advance, the tall man twirling his knife around his fingers.

"Come here little boy"

He laughed as he moved closer and closer. The boy scooted backwards until his back hit the wall. He was out of options. There was only one thing he could think of.

"Don't worry kid it will all be over soon"

The big man said as he reached down to pick him up. The boy closed his eyes and yelled as loud as he could. Sparks flew everywhere as he created the largest blast of electricity he could muster. It was very weak but the water conducted his blast sending electricity coursing through both of the villains bodies. The tall man dropped his knife as they both collapsed to the floor, their jackets smoldering and their bodies shaking.