Chapter 9: Moving In

Kamanari looked up at the towering building looming over his head with the words Heights Alliance 1-A written along the front wall. He took a deep breath as he gripped his backpack tighter and walked into the building. While Shigaraki wasn't exactly the "loving nurturing spend good quality time with your son" kind of father, the hidden bar had always been his home for the better part of his life. A little bit of him was kind of excited though. He had started to enjoy the company of his classmates and was able to relax and have fun instead of harboring deep seeded feelings of hate and anger.

Everyone made their way inside as Aizawa gave them a tour of the building and directed each student to their room to begin sorting out their stuff. Kamanari didn't have many belongings since he spent most of his life living in a secret bar with limited space.  Plus the last time he ever opened a Christmas gift was when he was six years old. 

There wasn't much to unpack.  The only things he brought with him were a small bedside table, a large floor lamp, his laptop, a few hero posters (to blend in), and his guitar.  He was laying on his bed when he heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in!"

He said sitting up. The door opened to reveal Kirishima, Bakugo, Ashido, and Sero.

"Hey bro, we're all getting together to play capture the flag while we still have some daylight left. You in?"

Kirishima said grinning.

"Eh I'm good"

Kamanari muttered laying back down. Mina grabbed him by the ankles and tried to drag him off the bed.

"Come on! You have all night to be lazy. Come have some fun with us!"

She pleaded. Kamanari wouldn't budge. 

"QUIT BEING A LITTLE BITCH AND PLAY"

Bakugo yelled as he slammed his palms down on the bed, creating mini explosions which filled the room with smoke. Kamanari sighed in defeat and got up. 

"Fine, but only if you clean that up"

He said gesturing to the ash stain on the sheet.

"Tch.... fine whatever.  Just hurry up"

Bakugo grunted and pushed his way out of the room. The gang made their way down to the common area with the others where the rest of the class was already waiting.

"Ah glad you decided to join us Kamanari"

Yaoyorozu said smiling. 

"Yes now that our entire class is present we will have even teams"

Iida exclaimed doing his signature robot arms.

"Speaking of which, what are the teams?"

Uraraka asked.

"Hmmmmmm we could pick captains?"

Ojiro suggested. 

"IM GONNA DESTROY YOU DEKU! YOU MAY HAVE WON THE COMBAT TRAINING EXERCISE BUT IM GONNA PROVE YOURE NOTHING BUT A WEAKLING!"

Bakugo screamed as he marched toward Midoriya. 

"Hey yeah why don't you two be captains!"

Kirishima grinned as he pointed to the two boys. 

"The battle of the fated rivals continues!"

Uraraka exclaimed. 

"A-Are you sure? Does anybody else want to be a captain?"