Chapter 26: Ambush

"You're going to tell me everything I want to know. You traitor"

Aizawa slammed Kamanari into the wall, keeping his quirk activated so the boy couldn't use his electricity.

"Who are you working for and what is your end goal?"

Aizawa shouted.

"Mr. Aizawa! W-What are you talking about? I'm one of your students!"

Kamanari protested desperately hoping his bluff would work.

"Do you know why I like staying out of the spotlight? It's so no one notices me. I'm able to sneak around and investigate much more easier without anyone watching my back"

Aizawa smirked as he pulled the signal disruptor out of his hand and threw it on the floor crushing it with his foot.

"H-How?"

Kamanari was flabbergasted. This man really figured it out.

Guess that's what I get for underestimating them

"I first began to suspect something was amiss when I went up to your dorm and saw a military encrypted chat room on your computer. I wasn't able to break it so I didn't find out who you were talking to but it raised a bunch of red flags. Then later that night you said your father was attacked, I checked the police database and your father's name never came up. I also realized it was you at the USJ jamming our signals and disabling our security"

Kamanari tried to punch Aizawa but Eraser caught his wrist and rotated his arm behind his back threatening to break his shoulder.

"Now I'm going to ask one more time. WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR!"

He yelled applying more pressure on the hold.

"He's working for me"

Aizawa whipped around but it was too late. Someone leapt on his back plunging a knife deep into his rib cage. He dropped Kamanari  and collapsed to his knees struggling to stay awake. 

"Not yet Toga.  The master wants his quirk.  You may kill him after"

Shigaraki stepped out of the shadows and helped Kamanari to his feet. Aizawa suspected something was amiss, but he could never have imagined that Kamanari was working with the league the whole time.

"You.....won't get away with this.  We'll stop you"

Aizawa muttered weakly as his eyelids fluttered, desperate to remain conscious.

"I'd like to see you try"

Shigaraki chuckled as he pulled out a canteen and held it up to the knife wound, filling it up with blood before handing it to Toga. 

"This complicates things but nothing we can't recover from.  Kamanari, you should return to the dance.  People will start to grow concerned or worse, suspicious.  Toga will impersonate Eraserhead in order to get close to All-Might, and then we will attack"

Kamanari nodded as he walked back to the gym, his heart beating with anticipation at the coming events. 

——————————————————————

"You are all going to die"

At that moment the glass ceiling shattered as Dabi, Spinner, and Twice jumped down from the roof.  At the same time, Muscular punched a giant hole in the wall as Magne and Compress followed.  Dabi created a giant circle of flame, trapping everyone in the gym, cutting off all their escape routes.