Chapter 25: Together

Where the hell is Kamanari?

Back in the gym, else continued dancing and having a great time, but Jirou was starting to worry. 

He should've been back by now.  I hope he's ok

It had been almost thirty minutes now and Kamanari still wasn't back yet. 

"I am here! TO DANCE!"

The kids turned to the doorway to see All-Might's massive frame walking through the gym doors. 

"All-Might! We were wondering where you were"

Midoriya said ecstatically. His eyes always lit up whenever he saw his idol appear. 

"Just doing my usual patrol of the school making sure everybody is safe.  But it seems like everything is fine so LET'S GET DOOOWN!"

The hero shouted as he joined in on the party.  He wasn't exactly the best dancer, but everyone thought it was great that the number one hero decided to party with them.  Everything was going smoothly but Jirou couldn't shake the feeling that something was up. 

"Hey Kirishima, would mind checking out the bathroom for me? I'm starting to get worried"

Kirishima stopped dancing and turned to her.

"Wait, Kamanari isn't back yet?"

He asked with a concerned look.  Jirou shook her head no. 

"Yeah sure I'll go look for him.  I'll be right back Mina"

He let go of Ashido's hands and took off running towards the bathroom.

"Don't be too long now"

Ashido called after him as he ran away.  Jirou went to one of the tables and sat down, tapping her foot as she nervously twirled her ear jacks. 

"Don't worry Kyoka, I'm sure Kamanari will be fine"

Yaoyorozu said trying to reassure the troubled girl.

"I've seen that guy spend more time in the bathroom than he currently has"

Todoroki added in his usual calm unemotional tone.  Yaoyorozu sat down next to Jirou, holding her hand comfortingly as the punk girl took a few deep breaths trying to calm herself down.  Five minutes later, Kirishima came bursting through the door.

"I'm sorry I couldn't find him"

He said slightly out of breath.

"Where in the world could he be?"

Yaoyorozu asked looking around. The music suddenly changed to a slow romantic song as All Might walked on stage.

"This is for all you lovebirds out there"

The symbol of peace chuckled winking at Midoriya.

"Cmon Ojiro!"

Hagakure said dragging the poor boy by the tail.

"Ok ok!"

Ojiro gave in and took the invisible girl by the band as they slow danced in the middle of the gym.

"They look pretty cute together don't they"

Jirou said turning to Yaoyorozu but she had already left with Todoroki to join Ojiro and Hagakure. Pretty soon, all the couples and filled the dance floor except Jirou who sat at the table alone. She lay her forehead down on the table covering her face with her arms as she tried not to cry. She was supposed to be out there with Kamanari. The boy of her dreams.